Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

(Caspian's POV)

I glanced around the room in horror as a voice filled the darkness that surrounded me. The voice came from behind a huge rock in the corner of the dimly lit room. It was deep and scratchy, as ifthe creature's throat was made from sand-paper.

"I can lay a thousand days on the ice, and not freeze....." the creature said as it stepped out of the shadows. I suddenly realized that it had furry feet, arms, and legs. It's snout was pointed and covered in hair. A werewolf.

"What you hate is what we desire most." I high-pitched voice suddenly spoke behind me. I quickly spun around and realized that a strange bird-like creature had snuck up on me while I was distracted looking at the canine before me.

A few moments later, I was standing in the middle of a circle drawn in dirt by the werewolf and the strange bird-woman was chanting some mystical spell. Nickabrick was just grinning evilly as he watched it all happen. The bird-woman suddenly pulled something from within her robes, a scepter that looked vaguely familiar, and stabbed it into the stairs that surrounded the Stone Table. I tried to take a step back, but the werewolf stopped me in my tracks. I watched in horror as an ice wall reached the ceiling and a face appeared in the clear crystal barrier.

The White Witch.

"No, this isn't what I wanted!' I said to them and tried to withdraw my sword from it's scabbord, but the werewolf grabbed my arm and held it out. I struggled to break free, but it was no use. The bird took a dagger from her belt and sliced a huge bleeding cut in my hand. I flinched in pain as the witch smiled down at me.

"Hello, young prince. It's been a while since the last time I've seen you." she said with an evil grin. A sudden flash-back filled my mind and I fell to my knees as the memories returned to my head.

"Caspian! Wait up!" Madi shouted behind me as I raced her through the forest on horseback. I chuckled as she continued to fall behind. I knew that victory was just a heartbeat away. I could taste it on my tongue.

I pulled the reigns, causing my horse to stop in it's tracks at the edge of a small pond. That small pond was where Madi and I would always meet at. We'd secretly sneak out of the castle in the middle of the night, then we'd talk and swim there til daybreak. I looked behind my back just as Madi was catching up. I chuckled as she glared at me.

"You cheated." she spat at me, causing me to laugh even more.

"I did not." I told her. She just rolled her eyes and hopped off her horse. I followed her actions and dismounted my steed. We lead our horses to the water's edge and they took a most needed drink of water while Madeline and I chatted the minutes away. She was so witty, so amazing, beautiful, and happy all the time. Her smile drove me crazy, but in a good way.

Just as we were about to leave the small lagoon and make our way back to the castle, the water began to ripple.

"Caspian, is that suppost to happen?" she asked me. I turned around and looked at the water. I stood between Madeline and the edge of the small lake and pulled my sword out, preparing for whatever was about to come from the murky depths.

We gasped and our horses ran off when we realized what was happening. The water began to freeze over, even though it was spring time. We held our breath after a second once the freezing stopped, Madeline kept her hand tightly gripped around my arm. Just as I thought that we were safe, the ice exploded around us, huge chunks blew up through the air. A piece of the frozen rocks smashed against my skull, knocking me to the ground. My vision started to get blurry and my head began to spin rapidly. An ear-splitting scream vibrated through the air and my heart broke into a million pieces. I immediately knew the source of the shriek.

Madeline.

I tried to stand up, but a sudden blast hit me in the chest and I fell back onto the ground. My gaze suddenly locked onto another pair of eyes.

Pure white evil eyes.

I blinked a few times and realized that the Witch was reaching towards me, my hand reaching towards hers. Before I could pull away in terror, a sudden burst of force slammed me against the chamber floor. I looked up, dazed and confused, and saw Peter with his sword pointed at the witch. He had a very angry look on his face.

"Get away from him!" Peter shouted in anger. The witch smirked at the sight of the king.

"Peter, dear, it's been quite a long time." she said sweetly.

"Not long enough." he spat back. I quickly stood up.

"Peter, all I need is one drop. You and I both know you can't win this battle alone. Especially since the loss of your precious friend, Madeline." the witch said as she faked an innocent tone. Peter stood there for a second, stone-still.

"King Peter, you don't know what this woman has done. You haven't heard of what happened the last time Madeline came to Narnia!" I expressed to him. A look of shock appeared on Peter's face, then he glared evilly at the witch.

"What exactly happened?" he spat at her. She paused for a second, then suddenly shook. A large piece of metal sprouted from her stomach. She gave us a panicky look as the ice near the metal began to crack. The wall exploded. Peter and I knelt down, our hands covering our heads, as the ice shattered around us.

A second later, we stood up and looked around at the damage. Standing before us, holding his sword at his side, was Edmund.

"I know, you had it sorted." Edmund said from the other side of the wall that had crumbled to the ground.

Peter and I looked at each other for a second, then he spoke as if he was about to break into tears. What he said next made me want to slap him across the face, and yet try to comfort him as well in his time of grief.

"What did she do to the love of my life?"