"Thank you, Ethan." I whispered.

"Thank me for what?" He asked.

"For saving me from Jailena and her friends."

"Oh. That wasn't me actually. It was Grayson who saved you. He saw you there and helped you." Ethan said, surprised that I thought he saved me.

"Oh." That was all I could say.

"Hey, Mitchie. Rest for today. I'm going to school now. I'll collect your assignments for you alright?" Ethan asked.

My eyes widened. Did I really sleep from yesterday up till just now? Oh my goodness. I need to get to school. I don't want the teachers to call my parents and asked me why I'm not there. Teachers always worry about me since I'm an A student. They always cared about me. They don't care about the ones who were 'popular' since the 'populars' don't even care about their studies. It really surprised me when Mr Kennedy cared about Grayson's marks. Wait. Mr Kennedy always cared about his students.

"No. No. I need to go to school. I don't want my parents to be called by my teachers. That's the last thing I want. Please." I pleaded Ethan.

"No, Mitchie. I already told your parents about it yesterday. They were okay with it as long as you study. And they're going out of town for some business trips. You're not going to school today since Jailena did that to you. I don't want things to get much more worse. Grayson is going to be here with you. He admitted that it was his fault that this thing happened." Ethan said, rolling his eyes at Grayson. "Plus, he also don't want the awkward tension between himself and Jailena."

I looked at him, confused. What awkward tension? What does he mean by that?

"Ethan. Don't tell her about it. I'll tell her on my own. Go to school now or you'll be late." Grayson warned him.

Ethan sighed and stood up from my side. He hugged me and kiss my not swollen cheek before walking up to his brother, patting his shoulder and giving him a brohug. I smiled when I saw them hug. I've never seen them this close. But brothers stick together. Am I right?

Ethan said a quick goodbye before leaving the room. My stomach hurts from Jailena's kickings. I slowly sat up and pulled my shirt up a little bit. I looked at the pained area and I can see it was purple.

"Shit, Mitchie! You're bruised. Let's go to the clinic to get a check on it." Grayson panicked.

I didn't even realise he was still in the room since I was in so much pain. I shook my head and laid back down slowly and carefully. Grayson was right beside me on the floor. The worried look on his face was still there and I really want him to stop worrying about me. His fist clutched the sheets of the bed I was lying in. I placed my hand on top of his. He instantly relaxed.

He looked at me with a weak smile. I gave him a smile back. A real one. The first smile I've ever given to him. My eyes started to get heavier again even though I had slept for a whole lot of hours. It may be shameful that I'm sleeping on his bed while he slept on the floor. I tried to keep my eyes open but I couldn't.

"Just sleep, Mitchie. Don't force yourself to stay awake. I'll be here when you wake up." Grayson said as his lips cruved up into a small smile.

I nodded and closed my eyes with Grayson's hand in mine.

+

My eyes fluttered open and I looked straight ahead to no one right beside me. I was reminded about Grayson saying he would be there when I wake up. But he was nowhere in the room. It was all a dream, isn't it? I sighed and sit up. I was so stupid to think that Grayson would actually be there right by my side.