Chapter 12

got stitches. Then later, I got them removed. It went just like that. During that time, Charlie was barely home. But I wasn't unhappy.

...

After spending a week together, I got a call from Gigi.

"Jelena Hadid, what made you think that you only could call me once every two months?"

She laughed," Hey Al."

"Hey Gi".

"Listen. I've been thinking.."

"Oh boy", I interrupted.

She chuckled." Alli, listen. Cody and I finished his tour. And I miss you so freaking much. I think you should come back for a month or two. You can just stay with me".

"Oh my gosh! Yes! That would be so awesome! Plus I think Charlie need our own time".

"Aww. What happened?"

I sighed. "It's just not been the same. We are almost always fighting or making up. I think we just need our own month to breathe".

"Then this will be great! How soon could you fly down?"

"I don't know. Hopefully this week sometime. Oh my gosh! I'm so excited. Here I'll call you later to work things out."

"Ok. Bye hunny!"

I hung up. I ate something then took a quick nap.

I woke up when I heard the door open. i quickly got up.

I jumped into his arms. "Hey baby. I missed you".

He laughed. "I've only been gone for a few hours."

"Really? I guess I'm just so used to you being gone for a long time".

He kissed my cheek. "So what's on your mind? I know there's something big".

I smiled. "Eat first. I made dinner".

He quickly ate. "Okay. I'm ready to hear this".

"Okay, so... I was talking to Gigi".

He laughed. "Oh. This can't be good".

I gave him a face. He stopped.

"Anyway, she is off of tour now. So.... I was thinking.... I'm going to go visit her".

He smiled. "Okay."

I stopped. "You're not upset?"

He chuckled. "Why would I be?"

"I don't know. I guess I'm just....."

"So used to me being upset?"

I looked down. He got up and hugged me.

"I'm so sorry Alli. I understand that I've been very unfair to you lately."

"I'll be gone for a month", I barely whispered.

He pulled me away to look in my eyes. "What?!? A month?!?"

I nodded.

"No Alli. You can't leave me for that long. I couldn't bear it."

"Charlie, I barely see you anyway. And besides, I think it'd be good for us".

"What do you mean?"

"Charlie. Haven't you noticed lately? We're going in this awful cycle. We fight. We get hurt. We make up. It's starting to become hard to bear."

He looked at me seriously. "I understand. You can go".

"Charlie, don't be that way. I'm not saying I won't miss you out of my mind. I'm just saying that we need some time to breathe".

He nodded. "Yes. I know. You can go. You don't need to repeat."

I started getting angry at his attitude. "Well, I don't know why I need your approval. I'm going even if you have an awful attitude about it!"

I stormed into my room. "This is exactly why I need to leave! I can't stand it here anymore!"

I knew he was hurt by my words. But for once, I didn't care. I texted Gigi.

"I'm coming tomorrow. I can't get out soon enough."

I bought my ticket and went to bed. In the morning,I realized that I had totally overreacted the night before, but I was still a little mad.

I packed my bags quickly. My flight was at 2:00 it was 11:00. Oh great. That means I'd have to stay until then.

I put my bags by the door. I ate a long breakfast. Charlie came out of his room. He smiled when he saw me, but frowned when he saw my bags.

"I'm leaving today", I said coldly.

He came and wrapped his arms around me from behind.

"I'll miss you", he whispered.

I started crying. I turned around and squeezed him. "I'll miss you too."

He kissed me forehead. "You don't have to go. You can stay with me".

"No. I need to go."

"I know. When's your flight?"

"2:00".

"I'll take you", he said sweetly.

"You don't have to".

He laughed. "Yeah I do. I need to spend as much time as possible with you".

...

So afterwards, we left for the airport. He helped me do everything.

I was about to board my plane. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to him.

"I love you so much. Don't forget that."

"I love you too. I'm starting to miss you already".

He pulled me close and kissed me passionately. Eventually I pulled away.

"Bye baby", he whispered.

"Goodbye." I said, boarding the plane.

The last thing I saw were fans, who were waiting until I left crowd him. I laughed. He saw me and gave that amazing smile. I wanted to get off the plane and stay. But I knew that this is what I needed to do.