Chapter 4

The next day, I couldn't bear it anymore. I got on social media to see for myself. ( I know. its pathetic) I checked his profile. My heart stopped.

I looked at a picture he had posted. It was a picture of a girl kissing his cheek. He was smiling at her and giving her the look that he used to give me. I read his caption.

"Been with this girl the whole tour. So glad she was able to come. She has such an amazing voice. Love this girl!"

I looked her up. I know I'm creepy. Almost all of her pictures were with him. She was so beautiful.

I burned with jealousy. But inside, my heart was slowly breaking.

I had to wrap my mind around it. He wouldn't do this to me. He promised. He just wouldn't.

I cried myself to sleep that night. No matter how many times I told myself it wasn't true, my heart reminded me that he was still my fairy tale. And that this nightmare was true.

...

I called Cody.

"I'm so sorry I didn't stay the other day, Al. I had something really important to do".

"No. You're completely fine."

We talked for a long time. I couldn't express my complete feelings to him though. Eventually he had to go.

Dang it! I hear the doorbell ring. But before i got to it, Gigi walked in. I jumped into her arms.

I didn't say why was on my mind.

We ate and resided to my room. We prank called for hours until her phone died. We made jokes for a while and had fun.

Then she stopped," Okay Alli. I'm ready to talk. I know something's on your mind. There always is".

I laughed. "No. You go first".

She smiled," I honestly have nothing to say."

I laughed. Then all of my feelings came pouring out. It happened so fast . " Gi, my hearts going to explode. He's with another girl".

He gave became pitiful. She hugged me. "Now Al, are you sure?"

I showed her the picture and told her what I had heard.

Her face filled with anger. "How could he do this? He..... I can't even believe he would do this. " She stopped.

"Alli, you can't let him break your heart any more. You need to do something."

I stopped. "Gi, I know what you're saying but I'm not making a move until he gets back".

She nodded. "But please, Alli, don't waste your thoughts on him."

I nodded. I did my best not to cry. I knew I needed to let him go, but I still loved him.

I buried my face in her shoulder. "Oh Gi, why did I ever let him go?"

She looked Into my eyes. "Alli, don't you dare blame yourself. "

I wanted to believe her but I couldn't.

We talked for a while. Eventually, I fell asleep.

...

The next day, she left early. I hate when she does that. It leaves me alone in the morning.

I ate breakfast an went on a walk. I ha almost made it back to my house, when I bumped into someone, knocking me to the ground.

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"

I looked up and our eyes met. We both stared at each other in disbelief.

"Hayden?"

He helped me up. "Alli. It's so great to see you".

He hugged me. I would've pulled away, but it felt so good to be in someone's strong arms again.

I was about to say something, when he covered my mouth. "Alli, don't. I'm so so sorry. I.... Don't expect you to believe me, but I'm sorry."

I stopped, not knowing what to say.

He took a deep breath. "Do you know how many nights I lost sleep because i didn't say that?"

I looked into his eyes. "Yes Hayden. I know what it feels like not being able to sleep".

I started to walk away, when he grabbed my arm.

"Alli, I know I hurt you. Please, can we talk?"

I thought for a minute. I slowly nodded. We walked to the nearest coffee shop and sat.

It was awkward at first, but soon I felt comfortable. We talked for hours.

I laughed so hard, I almost choked.

He smiled. "I missed your laugh. Heck, I missed everything", he looked into my eyes,"I missed you".

I turned away, reminded of what he did to me.

"Alli, please. Can we just put it behind us? Can we be friends again?"

I looked desperately into his eyes. I thought. Eventually I nodded.

For a while, we just stared at each other. I stared at his perfectly styled blonde hair and his blue eyes, that looked so beautiful. He was so handsome.

I stopped, thinking of Charlie. But then I thought of what he did. I felt bitterness in my heart. So I continued.

"Hayden, I need to be honest".

I began. I told him about Charlie. And I told him what he did to me.

His face filled with anger. I began crying.

He got up and wrapped his arms around me. "I don't think any guy realizes how much you're worth until they lose you. I made that mistake."

After many assuring words from him, I stopped crying. I thanked him and went home.

It felt so good to have someone to turn to again. A friend. Charlie couldn't even be that for me.

But deep inside, I felt guilty, like I was betraying the man I loved. And I was. But I convinced myself that it was only fair.