Ice cream

Nicole

The weekend consisted of Andy tormenting me and doing whatever Constance told me, a routine that I have got the used to. It was Sunday night and Constance was not home which only made me fear Andy much more. When Constance wasn't home Andy would treat me ten times worse.

I stood in front of my bathroom mirror, all I could see were my flaws. I hated my appearance, I hate how I looked, I hated my body, I hated myself. My mirror had become my worst enemy because everything Andy commented on I could see, leaving me to hate how I looked.

Soon I slowly undressed myself while warm water rushed out the faucet for my bath tub Twisting my hair into a bun I hopped into the bath. I loved taking baths they would soothe me, keep me out of reality.

***

Sitting in Harrys living room I sketched quiet a bit we were almost done with the sketch.

"Nicole did you know Andy called me?" Harry asked I could feel him staring at me but I didn't not want to look up.

"Huh? What does that have to do with this?"

"Uh he asked me if you stayed the night last week,"

"What!?" I looke up with a worried expression. "Did you tell him the truth?"

"Of course not," a feeling of relief rushed through me.

"Thank you. Also I'm finished," I held up the paper.

"Okay great, I say we go get ice cream to celebrate" Harry suggested.

"Really Harry? Just to celebrate a sketch?"

"Yeah why not. Besides ice cream does have to with our project."

"Um okay only because it's related to the project." I gave in because I actually really wanted ice cream

As we arrived to the ice cream shop so many from school were there looking at us.

"Harry they're looking at us,"

"So?"

"I don't like it. They're all judging,"

"Don't pay any attention to them and then will stop looking. Block them out," I admired his confidence.

We walked in. I kept trying to be close to Harry, I felt safe around him. It's crazy. Harry ordered us something random from the shop and we sat in the booth.

Once we both had our ice cream Harry was the first one to speak.  Surprisingly enough we both had good conversation we both got to know each other more. Harry inserted jokes here and there which were pretty bad I must say. Quite frankly I liked this side of Harry. We were getting comfortable with each other I shall say friends. Most of the time I just couldn't stop staring at those green eyes. Oh how lovely they were.

Before we knew  our ice creams were finished and we have been here longer than necessary.

"Harry it's late. Can you drive me back home."

"Of course let's go," Harry stood up

Sitting in the car it couldn't at the clock 7:02 p.m. All I could think of was the trouble I would get into. Constance doesn't care about me but she would use anything to get mad st me. Constance had never actually caught me being late so I worried if she actually did this time.

"Harry hurry please,"

"Okay, Okay I'll try but I don't speed,"

" I thought you were a bad boy Mr. Styles,"

"Maybe, but I take my driving very serious,"

"Fair enough. But hurry!"

"Yikes, calm down,"

****

As I arrived I was expecting screams coming from Constance, but surprisingly it was quiet. Could she be sleeping? But it was way to early.

I continued to walk up to my bedroom. Once I reached my bedroom I analyzed the room. It's such a shame, this room has changed throughout the years. It was once full of life that belonged to an innocent little girl, but now its lifeless belonging to a girl who struggles to stay alive each and every day.

I spotted a picture on my desk. As I got closer I realized it was a picture of us, my family. A reminder that tomorrow would be the anniversary of their death. It's disgusting how Constance made sure to kill my father the same MY mother died. Tears soon started to roll down my cheeks. It been so many years and yet I still miss them as much as I did when I found out they died.