10 - Marinette

"Ugh, Tikki, I'm tired." Marinette sighed, collapsing in her chair after a long day at school.

Tikki giggled. "Marinette, you're always tired!" Marinette grinned.

It had been a very uneventful day. And now Marinette sat at her desk, creating a collage of Chat's face to replace her desktop background. "Hey, Tikki..." Marinette began with hesitation.

"Mhm?" Tikki replied through a mouthful of cookie.

"Remember when you told me not to get... involved... with Chat?" Marinette stared innocently at the computer screen.

Tikki made a sound, choking on her treat. "Yes." She replied, dragging out the e sound.

"Why didn't you say anything when I did?" Marinette asked.

"You were hurting. And then he died." Marinette winced.

"And then he came back and it would be wrong of me to stop you." Tikki stared at her cookie.

"Oh. Thanks, I didn't know." Marinette gave a reassuring smile.

"Anything for you, Marinette." Tikki went back to eating her cookie, thoughtful.

"Tikki?" Marinette asked again.

"Yes, Marinette?" Tikki said patiently.

"What's wrong?" Tikki stopped mid-chew.

"Nothing, Marinette. Nothing's wrong." Tikki forced a smile.

"Tikki." Marinette insisted.

"Oh, Marinette, it's just that Plagg's-Chat Noir's Kwami- lifespan has been reset, and I don't want him to be alone when I die." Tikki sighed, tears brimming her wide eyes.

Marinette had already known about the lifespans of Kwamis. "Oh, Tikki." Marinette held they Kwami close to her face, kissing her head.

"But the thing is, Kwamis supposedly pass on at the same time as their other half. But it's only a theory, a prophecy, if you will." Tikki sighed.

"How can you be sure it doesn't happen?" Marinette insisted.

"Well, I don't know when the last Kwamis of Ladybug and Chat Noir passed." Tikki lifted her head and smiled sadly at the memory.

"I see. It's alright, Tikki. Well, it's really not. But spend every moment with Plagg and make sure he knows you love him." Marinette smiled reassuringly at Tikki.

"Hey, Pri- Mari." Chat Noir said, standing in Marinette's balcony door.

He had that stupid smirk on his face that made Marinette's heart flutter. "Don't do what I did." Marinette smiled, placing Tikki on her shoulder.

"Hi, Chat!" Marinette said cheerily, keeping her voice down.

"Why so quiet, pr- Marinette?" Chat's smirk widened to a smug smile.

Marinette noticed him avoiding the nickname. "Parental units have returned from their trip. Why're you back so soon, don't you have a life?" Marinette said, worried about his real life.

"Trying to get rid of me? You might have some trouble." Chat's smirk returned, and he winked.

"No, no. Of course not. Where would the stray go without my guidance?" Marinette asked, looking at Tikki.

"Oh, hey, Tikki!" Chat said, noticing the small Kwami who was the only challenge to Marinette's cuteness.

"Why hello, Chat Noir." Tikki squeaked out.

"How're you?"

"Well, thank you. You? And Plagg?" Marinette watched the polite exchange with awe.