Part 1

A high pitched scream filled your ears as you shot out of bed. Without a second thought you removed yourself from it, throwing the blankets over the side of you and running to your door. The house was still dark as you made your way towards your parent's room. You kicked open the door, your mother still lay on the bed, but your father he sat on the ground across the room. He shook, unable to say anything with his arms wrapped around his chest. Hugging them close to himself.

"Mom?" You croaked out, your voice still groggy from sleep. "Mom are you okay?" You neared the bed in short small steps; your bare feet against the carpet. Your mom lay on the bed, still, unmoving. You reached your hand out, gripping the blankets that still covered her. You pulled them down in what seemed to be slow motion.

Her eyes were still open, and that was the first sign that something wasn't right. Glassed over and foggy looking eyes staring back at you. You pulled the blankets lower, millions of tiny deep gashes covered her chest. Her nightgown soaked in blood. The blankets became harder to pull off of her, blood forcing them to stick to her body.

Your father started grasping for air, clinging to his throat and forcing you to step away from your mother's body. You dropped to your knees in front of him, searching for any cause that he might not be able to breathe and nothing stood out in front of you. Nothing pointed to why he was choking. You moved behind him, attempting to Heimlich maneuver him, but before you could he fell limp into your arms.

"Dad! No!" You screamed dropping his body so you could climb on it. "No, wake up. This isn't happening now!" After pounding a few times on your father's chest you fell to the floor, tears streaming from your eyes.

You scrambled to your feet, attempting to leave the room only to be met with an invisible force that threw you against the wall. You screamed in pain as a small incision appeared on your arm. Blood oozing from the fresh wound.

You didn't hear the footsteps coming over your own screams, you didn't even realize two new people had joined the room because you were too busy watching the small cuts forming up and down your body. It wasn't until two rather large arms pulled you from the ground and hugged you into a chest. You continued to scream, continued to feel the pain of whatever was attacking you.

"Find it Dean!" The male holding you yelled, you heard his voice echo through his chest. You clenched your teeth as yet another rip of your skin happened, this time on your chest. The arms around you held you closer, and you found your arms clinging to him.

You couldn't see anything except plaid, but you could hear the shuffling and throwing of things across the room. "I can't! It's not-" Another man yelled. You desperately wanted to know who else was there, what they were searching for, what was going on, but with the pain ripping through your body you didn't have the time. "FOUND IT!"

The white hot pain stopped, and the grip on you loosened enough for you to see the room around you. "What's your name?" The man holding you asked, and for the first time you got to see him. You vision was blurry, and you blamed the pain for your lack of words as you stared into his green eyes.

"Uh- Y/F/N" You managed to mumble out, shaking your thoughts away until you remembered the pain you were still in. You cringed, clenching your teeth once more.

Sam nodded, "Okay, Y/N Where is your bedroom?"

"Down the hall, only door open." Suddenly you were moving, the thud of footsteps under you as you progressed down the hall. The other man, the one you still hadn't seen, pushed your door open before you entered. "Is there another one?"

"I'm lookin'!" The other yelled, and just like before you heard him shuffling around things in the room. "Ah-ha!"

X*X

You held your knee's close to your chest in the back seat of a car you didn't recognize. It rumbled forward as the other man drove. He took his turns sharply, causing you to hold your ground so you weren't falling all around the back seat or reopening your wounds. "Where are we going?" You said, your voice small.

The one who held you earlier, the one with the longer hair and broader shoulders, he turned to you and gave you a worried look. "We know this is hard to talk about," He cleared his throat, momentarily taking his eyes off of you. "But can you tell us what happened?"

You closed your eyes taking in a deep breath. It wasn't hard for you to replay the night in your head, you hadn't stopped playing it over and over as you drove off into the night. But putting it into words, saying what you say happened, that was a whole other story. "I heard my mom scream, found my dad choking, and then it started happening to me."

The car pulled into the side of the road, "Why did you guys make us leave before the cops showed up?" You sat forward now, your bare feet now on the floor of the car as it came to a stop. "What did that to me and my family?"

The two men shared a look, the driver raised his hands, and exited the car with a loud slam of the door. "You guys know what it was. Tell me!" You yelled, jumping out of the car to join them as they started a dispute in front of the car. You gripped the drivers arm, pulling it so he was forced to look down on you. "Tell me what the hell is going on."

He licked his lips, shifting so he could comfortably look down on you and you realized just how much smaller you were compared to him. You gulped. "Sam, you tell her. You're the one with the puppy eyes after all." He made his way past you with a huff.

You turned to Sam, eyeing him and tapping your feet against the asphalt under your feet. He watched the other man throw himself into the driver's seat. You huffed, drawing attention to you once again. "Okay Y/N you're not going to want to hear this, but you were attacked by witches."

"Witches?" You repeated. You tried to wrap your mind around the thought, but witches seemed like a farfetched idea.

"Yeah, I know." Sam shifted his weight again, licking his lips and trying hard to think of how to convince you this was the truth. "But they are real. And they are after your family. And you."

You drank in his words, allowing yourself to come to terms with what he was saying. Witches couldn't possibly be real. Witches were Halloween costumes, or creepy bed time story villains. Not real and didn't attack you. "Okay. Take me back." You waved your hand in the air and made your way back to the back seat.

For the first time Dean looked up from his phone to watch what was unfolding in front of him. He gave Sam a thumbs up and a smile before shaking his head and returning to his illuminated screen. "Y/N I can't do that. We are going to take you somewhere safe. And find out who killed your parents." Sam had started following you, but you both stopped before you reached the back door.

"Witches!" You turned to him, aggressively making your way towards him, you voice louder than you had expected. "You're telling me witches are trying to kill me? Why? I even don't know any witches!"

Dean laughed in the front seat, thanks to your yelling he could hear the conversation, and was enjoying watching his brother squirm to try and convince you. Apparently you had missed a conversation between the two.

Sam sighed, looking away from his brother and focusing on you. "They can be anyone." His voice was so soft, so gentle as he talked to you now. "Is there anyone that might have it out for your parents?"

"You're joking." You scoffed, running a hand through your hair. "You're really going with this witches thing?"

"Please get in the car. Dean and I can explain it better and get you somewhere safe." Sam motioned to the back door, you sighed again. Sam watched you sink into the back seat before returning to his own. Dean lurched the car forward, and the most awkward car ride you had experienced happened.