Chapter 36: "We gotta go"

Start from the beginning

"Of course I do," He smirked, "I practically run this hospital."

"Well lets go then," I chuckled, and followed him out of the room. We walked into the hallway, and I called Carter and Cole. They came down to our little group, and started giving orders.

"Alright, those of you who can walk, follow me down the stairs," Carter ordered, "Those who are helping with the wheel chairs follow Cole to the elevators."

Lucy's friends went with Carter and me, while everyone else went with Cole. "Nat I need you to go with Cole," Carter sighed.

"Why?" I wondered.

"More firepower is required for that trip than this one," He admitted.

"Alright fine," I sighed, and kissed his cheek. I walked over to Cole, and we all took off in separate directions.

Cole clicked the button for the elevator, and held his gun tight. When the elevator opened, thankfully showing no one, we piled in.

"Which button?" He asked, and turned toward Jameson.

"Click the one with the E on it," Jameson replied. Cole clicked the button, and the door closed.

"Mom what's happening?" Lucy asked, and looked up at me.

"We're," I paused, "Under attack."  Lucy eyes widened, and I knelt down to her level. "We're going to be okay," I assured. She nodded, and I stood up.

"Get ready," Cole announced, as the elevator came to a stop. I grabbed my gun, and took the safety off. The doors opened revealing an empty emergency room. Cole got off the elevator, and looked around then motioned for us to come off.

"The ambulance is down the hallway to your right," Jameson whispered, and wheeled Sean out of the elevator. Wesley and Talia followed in pursuit, and I walked out behind them.

Luckily we had gotten to the ambulance with no problem. However, I feel like it was too easy. Where's the Triad?  We helped load the kids into the ambulance, and Cole looked at me.

"This was too easy," He frowned.

"Yeah it was," I agreed, "Where the hell are they?"

"I don't know," He huffed, "They were literally right behind me on the way up there."

"Maybe they left," I assumed, and Cole gave me a look.

"You've never dealt with the Triad have you?" He questioned.

"Nope," I replied, and Cole shook his head.

"The Triad don't back down, when they're upset," He paused, "They don't just leave. They get even."

"So does every other gang," I added, and he glared at me. 

"Shut up," He muttered, "The Triad is way different. They're like us."

"Then we'll treat them as if we were beating ourselves," I stated, and turned toward Talia.

"Can you drive an ambulance?" I asked, and she nodded.

"Good because when my husband comes, we need to book it," I replied.

Carter's POV

"Come on girls," I announced, and started down the stairs.

"What's wrong Mr. Grayson?" Keisha asked, as they followed me downstairs.

"Some bad men are coming," I explained, "And we need to move quick." As we were jogging down the stairs I heard something. I motioned for the girls to stop, and they paused behind me. I looked over the railing, and saw a few Triad members coming up the stairs.

"Fvck," I mumbled, and motioned for the girls to go up. We stopped at the floor we had passed, and I pushed the girls through the door.

"Follow me," I ordered, and dashed down the hallway. The girls followed behind me, as we carefully went through the halls. I peeked around a corner, and saw Hunter and Drew.

"Hunter, Drew get over here," I demanded, and they walked over to us.

"What's up Mr. Grayson?" Drew greeted.

"No time to explain just follow us," I panted, and continued going down the hall.

________________

I know there's a lot going on in this chapter but it will all make sense soon. Sorry this took so long, and I will try to get a chapter posted tomorrow.

Have a great day/night!!!

Does  anyone like 5SOS? I'm starting to like them now, but I'm not sure yet. I think their music is really good. Broken Home and Airplanes is my jam right now.

Please Comment & Vote