Chapter 17: I heard every word

Cole's POV

I looked at Carter with wide eyes, and I slapped him crossed the face. He held his cheek, and looked at me in surprise.

"You put Natalie through hell,"I gritted, through clenched teeth,"You have 5 kids together, and this is how you repay her." He hung his head in shame, but I was still seething with anger.

"You know what Carter,"I began,"If you want to whore around with that blonde bimbo go for it. I want you to lose Natalie so you can see what you've lost. You lose Natalie, you lose your kids...You'll lose everything Carter, even us. It's your choice." With that said, I walked back to my seat and sat down.

Talia was fast asleep in her seat, and I looked back at Carter who was still t the back of the plane. He disgusts me now for what he said. I have a feeling it's going to kick him in the a$s later.

Natalie's POV

The kids were all in bed, and I was finishing up the dishes from dinner earlier when my phone rang. I dried my hand then fished my phone out of my pocket. Dan is calling me. I excepted his call

"Hey Dan what do you need?"I wondered.

"Kai wanted me to call, and let you know that the mission was successful,"Dan replied.

"That's great news,"I exclaimed,"So are you all on your way home?"

"Yes we-"Dan was cut off by voices in the background. I could tell that one of the voices was Carter, and the other sounded like Cole. I'm glad he's okay. Dan kept quiet as I listened to their conversation.

"Look before you start nagging hear me out,"Cole sighed,"If it weren't for me leaving Rebecca for dead, you would have never met Natalie." Who's Rebecca?

"I know," Carter huffed,"That's why I'm so torn."

"There's nothing to be torn about Carter,"Cole stated,"You're married, and in love. You don't need Rebecca." What the hell are they talking about?"

"That's just it though,"Carter sighed,"I'm in love....I'm just not sure it's with Natalie."

When those words came out of Carter's mouth, my heart shattered. He doesn't love me anymore. I quickly ended the call, and placed my hands in the counter. His words replayed in my head, as tears streamed down my face.

"Nearly 16 years of marriage,"I choked,"5 kids later.....And this is how he repays me. What changed?"

I took a few deep breaths, and pulled a bottle of red wine down from the rack. I uncorked the wine bottle, and poured myself glass. The glass shook as I brought it to my lips. I'm in love....I'm just not sure it's with Natalie.

The more I drank the angrier I got. How could he say that? I have been nothing, but a good wife to him. Who is Rebecca, and what does she have that I don't? What changed in the past 16 years? What changed?

"What changed!?"I yelled, and sent my glass flying across the room. I sank down to the floor, and cried. I'm in love....I'm just not sure it's with Natalie. More tears flowed, and I couldn't stop them. I was crying so much, that I didn't realize that I wasn't alone anymore.

"Mom?"Kayden's called out. I looked up, and met his bright blue eyes. "Mom what's wrong?" he asked, and knelt down beside me.

"It's nothing sweetie,"I lied, and wiped my tears. "These are tears of joy,"I choked,"Your fathers trip was successful. He and your uncles are coming home, as we speak."

"If they're tears of joy why are you drinking?"he question.

"It's been a long day,"I replied,"I needed a drink."