Chapter One

"Mr. Bolton, would you like to meet your daughter?" Dr. Warren asked the built man standing by the elevator.
Troy peered up. "It, it's a girl?"
"Yeah, son. It's a girl." Dr. Warren smiled and signalled towards the nursery.
Troy put his hands in his pockets and walked towards the nursery.
He looked through the glass at a small infant, she had brown hair and was beautiful.
Troy smiled at the little girl and looked at the doctor. "Where, where is Lauren?"
Lauren was Troy's girlfriend, the mother of their new daughter.
Dr. Warren sighed. "She wants to talk to you."
"About what?"
"The baby. Your options."
"Lauren and I agreed we were raising the baby. Not giving her up." Troy said.
"Well, she wants to talk to you before you meet the baby." Dr. Warren put his hand on Troy's shoulder and lead him to a room.
Room 213.
Dr. Warren opened the door. "Miss. Tanner, your boyfriend is here."
Troy heard a faint woman's voice and the doctor opened the door wider and let Troy in.
Troy entered the room and sat at the end of his girlfriend's bed.
Lauren sighed and sat up straighter. Troy placed his hand on hers. "Baby, what do you want to talk about?"
"The baby. I don't want to keep her," Lauren removed her hand from Troy's and placed it on her swollen stomach.
"Why not? You were excited about being a mother. We have her nursery decorated at my apartment." Troy said.
"Troy, I'm not ready to be a mother. I'm not graduated, I'm a year younger than you. We slept together one night, and now, we're suddenly expected to raise a child together. I'm not ready. I'm only nineteen, you're twenty." Lauren began to cry.
"But Lauren, age doesn't matter. We love each other. We'd love our daughter." Troy was hoping Lauren would change her mind and keep the baby.
"I'm sorry, Troy," Lauren wiped her tears. "I don't want to. We're not ready."
Troy wiped a tear that was coming down his cheek. "I was excited."
Lauren felt terrible. She peered up at Troy's blue eyes. "I'm sorry,"
Troy looked into her blue eyes. "I was just so excited."
"Babe, I mean, Troy..." Lauren placed her hand on his. "My parents offered to move to New York so I can finish school at Hudson's University. I'm going. I'll give you an option,"
Troy looked up. "I want you to finish your fashion degree at Hudsons. I want you to graduate. I'll just let it go."
"What I was saying was, you can either keep the baby and raise her yourself or give her up. Cause, I'm sorry. I'm not ready." Lauren said shakily.
Troy got up from the bed. "I'm keeping my daughter. It takes a guy to make a baby, only a man would raise one," Troy picked up the envelopes and documents from Lauren's bedside table. "I'll be needing these. I gotta name our baby girl. I gotta fill out whatever I have to."
"Baby, I'm sorry," Lauren held Troy's hand. "I love you. I really do. But I want to focus on my future."
Troy kissed Lauren's cheek. "Goodbye, Lauren."
Lauren began to sob into her hand.
Troy left the hospital room and found the doctor.
The doctor looked up. "Yes, Mr. Bolton?"
"I'm keeping the baby. Lauren wants nothing to do with us." Troy said.
Dr. Warren looked at Troy. "Are you ready?"
"I am." Troy walked with the doctor to the nursery.
Dr. Warren signalled to Troy to sit down in an armchair.
The doctor picked up Troy's daughter and placed her in his arms.
Troy touched her face and began to tear up. "She's beautiful."
"Have you gotten a name chosen, Troy?"
Troy thought. "Brittany Mackenna Jayde Bolton. Lauren wanted to name her Brittany."
"Beautiful name," The doctor placed her hand on Brittany. "Little Britt."

Troy opened his eyes. He was sleeping on the couch in the living room. He had a dream about when his daughter was first born.
A thirteen year old Brittany came into the living room, laptop in hand.
"Hey, Daddy." Brittany sat next to Troy on the leather sofa.
"Hey, sweetie. What's up?" Troy sat up and ran his hand through his chestnut brown hair.
Brittany placed the silver laptop on her father's lap.
Troy looked at the screen to find a dress on Wish.com. "Can I order this?" Brittany begged her dad.
Troy smiled at his beautiful blonde daughter, whose hair was in a french braided ponytail. "Of course, sweetie. How much is it?"
"Only seventy bucks." Brittany said.
"Alright, order it, baby." Troy got up from the sofa. "Get dressed too. I was thinking we can go out to dinner with Grandma and Grandpa."
Brittany smiled and ordered the dress.
Troy went up stairs and into his bedroom. He walked into the walk in closet and got into dark blue dress pants that weren't baggy. He put a white dress shirt on and put a blue tie around his neck. He entered his ensuite bathroom and styled his chestnut brown hair.
When he was finished getting dressed, he went to his daughter's bedroom. He knocked on the white door. He heard a few thumps before Brittany said faintly, "Come in, Dad."
Troy opened the door and sat on Brittany's bed, that was a black wooden canopy bed.
There were two nightstands made from the same wood as her bed, on each side, and a black mirror above her headboard. On each sides of the mirror, Were photos of Brittany. One of her holding her first place trophy, with a gold medal around her neck from the year before when she won Nationals. The other one, on the other side was Troy and her standing in front the the river that was right behind their house.
Troy smiled at the photos.
Brittany came out of the ensuite bathroom dressed in black leggings, a black tanktop and a cheetah cardigan. Her hair was still in curlers.
"Yeah, Daddy?" Brittany asked as she began to take the pink curlers out of her hair.
"You look great, baby girl. Uhm, I was wondering where you wanted to go for dinner? I'll call grandma and grandpa to go meet us." Troy said.
"I want to go to Boston Pizza," Brittany said. She tossed the curlers onto her bed and went to her dresser mirror to look at her curls. "I don't feel like having dinner at some fancy resturant."
Troy nodded. "Okay, well...I'll be waiting in the car, honey. I'll call my parents and tell them."
Troy and his daughter had a wonderful dinner with their family that evening, overlooking the San Francisco River and the red bridge.

On the other side of the country, in Pennsylvania. Gabriella Montez was getting settled in on a plane with her daughter, Peyton. Gabriella had received a job offer at a firm in San Francisco. Peyton was also recomended to join a dance team in San Francisco.
Gabriella and Peyton lived in New York, Houston and Churchill, PA. They were finally settling down in San Francisco.
Gabriella left Troy so she can accept a job offer in Houston. Bringing along with her, the nine week old fetus in her abdomen that Troy didn't know about.
Gabriella struggled raising her daughter in the next year, juggling work and a house to pay for. She had married, Michael Faulk. He divorced Gabriella and ran off to some tropical island with his secretary, Juliana. It was the traditional boss-leaves-wife-for-secretary story.
Gabriella moved on with Matthew Davidson. They never married, and Matthew had two kids, he left Gabriella for his ex-wife Sophie.
Gabriella had yet to date another man since then.
"So, Mom..." Peyton said flipping through a magazine.
"Yes, sweetheart?" Gabriella asked, peering out at the clouds. They were now 10, 000 feet in the air.
"How does our house in Cali look?" Peyton asked.
"It's pretty big for a two bedroom house. Really updated and I think you'll like it." Gabriella said.
"Oh okay." Peyton looked through her magazine.
Gabriella stared out of the plane.
She knew perfectly well who lived in California. Her ex-boyfriend, Peyton's father, Troy Bolton. Troy was a basketball player on the Lakers team but retired two years before. She heard that he got a degree in real estate. But wasn't completely positive yet.

Okay, soooo....tell me what you thought.
Uh, I'll update by Sunday. I hope all of you had a good week.
xoxo,
-KyrraJayde