Chapter 51 - One Step Ahead

After Brianna had told me she knew where Mia was, I immediately followed her

After Brianna had told me she knew where Mia was, I immediately followed her. I didn't stop to think where she was taking me or what she was going to do to me. All I needed to know right know was where she was, and if that meant following Brianna around like a lost puppy, then so be it. It made me even more worried when Brianna started chuckling to herself as she put her hand in her coat pockets. I thought she was a patient? Why was she wearing a nurse's uniform? Did they let her out?

We went down in an elevator, and as the doors opened, it revealed a dark gate with a mossy stench. It was like a whole new place, it was part of the asylum, but it was dark, the stench felt like you were walking in a rainforest, but the only source of sound coming from this place were the screams of other patients. I recognised this place. This was where Mia and I found Brianna with Lizzie. This was the place where Mia was taken away. The whole memory was giving me a bad vibe, and the more I walked through this place, the more I started to remember. The security guards that were usually guarding the gates were knocked out cold, Brianna stepped over them and continued walking. As I passed them, I examined them, they didn't even seem to be breathing. Perhaps Brianna killed them?

"I was given clear instructions to handcuff you." She said, turning around, her face meeting mine after the long walk we just had through the asylum.

"Not happening. Where's Mia?" I asked.

"She's in there." She said, pointing at a metal door.

I have her a look of disbelief, but this time, it looked like she wasn't lying. I watched her while I walked towards the door just so she wouldn't try to do something behind my back.
This was probably a trap. And I was not just going to walk into it. I took a few small steps towards her, she seemed confused.

Mia's POV

"Don't worry, your boyfriend will be here very soon." Spencer said, playing with his knife. Andy layed still, trying to recover from the hits he had just received from Spencer. He just didn't give up. Any word he would say, Spencer would just punch or kick him. Spencer even threatened to use the knife and that was when I begged Andy to stop. And he finally listened.
It was quiet, I could hear a low hum coming from Spencer, and the sharp blade slowly dragging across the concrete wall.

I heard someone scream outside. Spencer looked up instantly, almost as if he recognised the voice.
He stood behind the door.
After a few seconds, the door bolted open, revealing Brianna, she was alone, standing at the doorway, but she had a very nervous look on her face.

"Brianna?" Spencer said, emerging from behind the door.

Slowly, Brianna moved forward, behind her back was a blade positioned half an inch away from her body. She moved forward more, revealing Brendon holding her from her waist, he was the one holding the knife behind her back.

As soon as he saw Spencer he positioned the blade across Brianna's neck, giving a threatening look to Spencer. He caught a glimpse of me from the corner of his eye but he didn't turn around completely.

"Ahh, these events are giving me a nostalgic vibe, how many times have we done this?" Spencer said.

"Many times. So you know the drill, you give me Mia, I give you Brianna." Brendon said.

"See now that's where I stop you." Spencer said.
He went behind the door.

"Now I really do know the drill. And I have learnt many things. Such as, always being one step ahead of you. Which is why I also brought this fella." Spencer said, picking Andy up, placing his blade near Andy's neck.

"No!" I yelled.

"Now, your girlfriend here, she really cares about this boy. Do you really want to break her heart by sacrificing one of her best friends?" Spencer said.

"Brendon, take Mia and go. Don't worry about me." Andy said.

"No. Andy you can't die. I have something to tell you." Brendon said.

"What?" Andy said.

Brendon stayed quiet.

"What!" Andy said again, louder.

We heard faint footsteps through the corridor, they were fast paced. We all stayed quiet until we saw a shadow of a female near the doorway.

"Mia?" She said.
It was Rosalina. I didn't know how she got here. I didn't know why, but I really wished people would stop turning up here.

"Rosalina go." Brendon said.

"Brendon what are you doing? Why is Brianna here? Who else is here?" She said moving closer to the door.

"Brianna don't-"

She opened the door wider, revealing Spencer and Andy. She gasped, she tried to take a step forward to Andy, but she stopped, freezing in her place.

"What is going on here!" She screamed.

"Now let me rephrase this. Give me the evidence Mia, or, Andy will die, but also! I forgot to tell you my favourite part. Rosalina has some news to tell you all." He said.

Rosalina stayed quiet, breathing heavily.

"You don't want to tell? Aw. Ok, I will." Spencer said.

"Andy, Rosalina is carrying your child." Spencer said. Shock travelled through my body. This day couldn't get any worse.

"What? Rosalina is this true?" Andy said.

Rosalina slowly nodded, a tear rolling down her cheek.

"Now Mia, you don't want this baby to grow up without a father do you? After all, you grew up without one. Was it any fun?" Spencer said.

"Let me down." I said.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

here is some fan art that was sent to me a long time ago, every time I want to post it on a chapter I forget.

Creds to @sunshine

Creds to @sunshine.princes ❤️