"Who are you?" Artemis demanded, despite Butler's orders to keep from talking.

"Oh! Who is this? A boyfriend perhaps?" The man said, and then chuckled with such amusement that it caused Butler to scowl furiously and growl. "Just a little joke there. I know it's you Artemis. And Butler too. Obviously I wouldn't send her off to some stranger!"

"I am going to destroy this barrette!" Artemis thundered, causing Zoey to squeak like a frightened mouse. No apologies could be uttered to her for the man speaking from her barrette quickly replied,

"No you won't. If I get a signal from the transmitter that you have removed the hair clip, I shall press this little button I have here in my hand. It will trigger a little electronic device that has been implanted in the girl's brain. The device will press against a specific part of her brain and she will die. Simple as that." The way he was threatening an innocent girl's life so matter-of-factly made Butler so angry that he went against his vow not to speak to this cretin and bellowed loudly,

"What do you want? Who are you?" Butler's demands usually were obeyed if the person in front of him got a decent look at him, since he was a giant of a bodyguard. He was frustrated by this arrogant man, since he seemed to know about Butler, and he must have known what he looked like, yet he was undeterred by his order. Still, the man obliged to Butler's questions.

"My name is Sir Trevor Raven, Dr. Raven to my inferiors... this means you." He stated, angering Artemis who did not quite enjoy being referred to as an 'inferior.' "I'm currently working with human subjects on experiments with the brain. Did you know that we as humans don't yet posses the knowledge on how to use the full power of our own brains?"

"Yes, and this has to do with Zoey because...?" Artemis prompted the demented kidnapper.

"So think of what we can do if we can use all of our brainpower! We can live up to our fullest potential. We can be superhuman!" The man spoke of these things with passion, but it was not an inspiring passion, it was a delusional passion. He was willing to sacrifice human lives for possible advancement of the human race. Just sickening. Zoey, speaking for everyone in the room at this point, loudly shouted out,

"You're nuts!" The man, Dr. Raven, laughed heartily through the barette.

"Ah, my subject's first words. I've taken a special interest with you." He said fondly. "Not only do you have the ability to access your brain's full potential, but you can read the minds of others and manipulate their thoughts. It's quite amazing really, but there are side effects. I would have used the procedure on myself if it hadn't been so life-threatening. I thought the experiment would work best on a female mind, but judging by your vitals I have been proven wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if you dropped dead right now." Zoey gasped, almost falling backwards onto the mattress.

"What?" she breathed, and Artemis scowled and yelled into the barrette angrily,

"What's wrong with you, Raven?"

"You don't like what I've done?" The man replied with an offended tone.

"Not at all!" Zoey cried. Artemis could just see this Dr. Raven give an eye roll when he replied,

"Oh, stop whining. She's just going to be feeling a loss of appetite, some drowsiness, paranoia, suicidal thoughts and actions, headaches, death, so on and so forth... I only directed her towards the Fowl manor because I thought they wouldn't turn her away. At least I was correct about that."

"What are you going to do?" Zoey asked awkwardly, since she was trying to look up and stare at her hair clip. When she spoke to Raven she was just speaking out to a general direction. At least Butler and Artemis could yell furiously at something tangible.