He touches my hand at first while the other hand tilts my chin to look up at him.

"Did he hurt you, Leyla? What did he do to you?" His eyes hold an emotion that is difficult for me to comprehend.

I swallow a lump in my throat as the words leave me. I want to tell him but something has me stopping. I don't want them fighting and I don't want to give Jeremy a more reason to hate Matthew, no matter how much hate he deserves at the moment.

I take one look at the pompous àss himself and he has that mighty cunning smirk of his as he sneers back at me.

"Nothing," I tell Jeremy even though he is not who I am looking at.

That instantly wipes the smirk of Matthew's face as he glares at me and that glare turns into a wavering frown.

I turn my eyes back to Jeremy. He doesn't look convinced and his eyebrows have scrunched up in suspicion.

Please let it go! I hate lying to him but I just don't want to be an instigator to their fighting.

"You sure Leyla? You don't have to lie for him." Jeremy asks me.

I nod and avoid his eyes.

"You heard her I did nothing to her." Matthew speaks a cold smirk on his face.

Jeremy turns back to Matthew. "I swear if you so lay a finger upon her head, just be warned."

"And I told you Jerry, your threats are feeble."

"I'm serious Matthew, she is not Cassie."

Matthew rolls his eyes. "What do you think I'm going to do, snatch her away from you?"

Jeremy clenches his jaw, "Matthew that thought implies that you want to do exactly that."

His cold smirk increases, "You got me." he says sarcastically. "Please, street girls who would do anything to strive for a higher status even if it means selling their bodies, have never been my type!"

I stare at him in disbelief and I know I should feel offended but I feel nothing but remorse at him.

Jeremy is taken aback for a second and I think I am too.

"You see." Matthew says addressing to me, "I know a lot more about you than you think."

"Who the fück have you been questioning?" Jeremy growls.

"I have my sources. But, seriously, Jerry, how did you ever stoop so low as to date a whore?"

Jeremy takes two quick strides and seconds later he has both of his hands cinched at Matthew's collar.

"She. Is. Not. A. fücking. Whore!" He hisses in each word.

Matthew only smiles snidely, "Of course she isn't, and Cassie isn't hooker-escort either." He says sarcastically.

"Leyla is my girlfriend and I care about her a lot. Yes, Cassie is hooker so what, you proved enough that she wasn't cut out to be loyal. But, if you ever so threaten Leyla again, I mean it Matthew I'll make sure your bare ass is rubbing on the next railway track while the train drags your lifeless body!"

This makes Matthew laugh. "Wow, Jerry. This is a first. You must love her."

Jeremy swallows. "And what if I do?"

My heart stops for two seconds and then picks up hammering pace on the next beat.

Did he? No. I must have heard wrong.

Matthew's laugh is wiped out of his face. He wrenches himself off Jeremy's hold.

"You are not serious are you?"