Chapter 20

Chapter 20
Archie
I woke to the quiet purring of Amy who was still curled in front of my body. I had imagined this so many times without even realizing it. Even when I was a kid, I dreamt to waking up to my mate, being overwhelmed by her smell, craving her touch. It took everything that I had not to mark her then and there. But I had her there. I had her in my arms and that was everything to what we were just yesterday.
Feeling like I couldn't wait till she woke, I shuffled a little over to her and gently pulled the thin strap of her mid drift off her shoulder. For starters, I kissed the little bone that bopped out from her shoulder. Each time I kissed her, I would take another kiss closer to her neck, always returning to the little bone. She stirred under my touch as my hand squeezed her waist and grazed over her belly.
That feels so good her thoughts filled my head as if they were my own causing my kisses to become harder, how does he know what I like?
A grin formed on my lips feeling good that she liked this. Of course she did, I was her mate.
"Mm, that's good," she groaned against my pillow case.
I moved my lips to the crook in her neck, kissing it as if I was marking her. Her body stirred again, shuffling back to meet mine.
"Who knew waking up to you, could be so good?" She groaned turning around in my grip.
I didn't answer her. Instead, I latched my lips to hers forcing them to open.
She groaned and pulled back, "Archie, I've got bed breath."
"So do I, I don't care. I just want to kiss you," I openly told her pecking her lips as I did.
I stopped and allowed myself to look at her. It was strange to see her without any makeup on. She was still beautiful even with a tiny bit of mascara goop that I had missed last night and her hair was in a tangled knot.
"How did you sleep?" I asked finding the words strange on my lips. I had never asked anyone that before, mostly because I never cared before now.
"What do you mean, I haven't fully woken up yet," she moaned dropping her head onto the pillow.
"Well, we can change that."
She didn't have time to question it. I had already cupped the back of her thighs and turned so that she was on top.
"Archie!" She screamed, "You really don't understand taking things slow, do you?"
"Princess, we can go slow all you want but it's not going to change anythin'," I told her.
"You never know, I might change my mind," she stated, her eyes far from serious.
"Yeah right, now that you know what it's like to sleep with me, you'll never want to leave."
She scoffed, "I haven't slept with you."
"Ah, what do you call last night?" I questioned.
"I call that blacking out in the wrong bed," she stated flatting her whole body against me.
Without even realising, my hands had started to massage her inner thighs, slightly pushing them apart as I did. I could sense how much she wanted me, how much she needed me, but all she allowed me to do was kiss her.
"Are you afraid of gettin' hurt?" I asked her.
"I don't really know what I'm afraid of," she admitted, "how quickly this came along, how right this feels, the fact that you're a werewolf -."
"Okay, you've got to let that go," I told her.
"Easy for you to say. Your whole belief system didn't just fall out of the sky."
"Aye it did," I told her.
She narrowed her eyes at me, "oh really?"
"Aye, for the past six days, I was convinced that you would never sleep with me. Six days later, here we -."
"I haven't slept with you yet," she jumped in before I could finish hitting my chest.
"Yet?" I questioned moving up on my elbows as she sat up properly, still sitting on me, "well that really gives me hope."
She giggled a little, making me smile. I actually made her laugh.
She then sighed and looked down at herself, "I should probably get changed, have a shower, clean the rest of my makeup off."
"Well, the walk from here to the guest quarters is quite a long walk," I told her, sitting up.
"It is," she said as I squeezed my hands between her kneeled legs and pulled her towards me.
"And I have a perfectly good shower in there," I told her.
"What about my clothes?" She asked tilting her head in that flirty way.
"You don't need any."
At that, I felt her hand hit my chest, forcing me to flop down on the mattress again.
"I'm not sleeping with you," she told me, prowling over me, our noses just touching.
"I never said that you had to," I told her tucking a lock of hair behind her ear.
"You just implied it," she corrected.
I shrugged, "I'm not goin' to lie. It would be a fantastic idea."
"Well, you have to take me on a date before we sleep together."
"Mmm," I groaned, "why?"
"Because I'm trying something different," she suggested, winking.
"No, don't use my line against me," I told her.
"I just did, what you gonna do about it?" She asked in that gangster tone.
I shrugged before I jumped her. She screamed and fell back easily. I pinned her to the mattress, feeling her chest deflate underneath me.
"Arch-ie," she huffed, hitting my sides, "get off me!"
I allowed her to breathe a little, nibbling at her neck. I worked my magic on her, sliding my hands underneath her to her perfect round arse.
"Mmm, Archie," she groaned, "stop."
"Why?" I moaned, letting go, "why can't I have what I want?"
"Because if we keep doing this, I won't be able to stop and I will regret it and I will hate you forever."
"I haven't gotten any complaints so far, neither will you," I told her.
"How can you not be worried?" She asked me, "You're signing your life over to me. I mean, once you mark me that's it. You can't sleep with anyone else, can't date anymore, it's worse than marriage."
"Okay, let's get one thin' straight," I started, "Marriage is basically a fling when it comes to mateship. It's a spark at the start but let's face it, that spark goes away."
"And it's not like that with werewolves?" she asked.
I shook my head, "Nope. That spark can last forever."
"You know, human relationship can do that too. My parents were pretty happy."
"I'm sure they were," I told her, "But they were probably one in a million."
She nodded agreeing. I sat up and brought her with me.
"I'm never goin' to get bored with you," I told her, "That spark will always be there no matter what happens."
"How can you be so sure?" she asked, "We've seriously only known each other for six days and now you saying that you want to spend the rest of your life with me. I mean, I've had flings that have lasted longer than this."
I shrugged, "My world's different from yours. Everythin' is bigger. The danger is bigger, the families are bigger, the love is bigger, the passion is bigger. All I know is, it took Liv about four days to know that she wanted Callum and only three weeks after that to almost loose him. Aye, there's some dangers in your world and in mine but in mine we learn to take nothin' for granted because we know that it can end just like that."
She swallowed, taken back from the truth.
She avoided my eyes knowing that I was right. Not being able to stand her not looking at me, I took her chin and kissed her lips again. I allowed it to be slow but passionate, cupping her thighs again. Letting go of her lips but still staying close to her, I told her, "Go have a shower."
"What about you?" she asked.
"I'll be here. There's no way I'm leavin' you any time soon."