Chapter 7

Chapter 7
Archie
She was beautiful. I had never seen anything like her. So perfect, so straight forward. It was like she didn't care what anyone thought of her and that was such a turn on.
She was so different to Little Liv that you wouldn't even think that they were sisters.
Liv was short, fair, had bright blue eyes with dirty blonde curls. She was smart, warm, loving. Pretty much a mother which was perfect for Callum.
Amy however, was tanned, curvy, her hair was that dark brown that shined in the light with a slight side fringe to cover her forehead. Her face was round and not to mention her soft cheek bones and jawline. Her eyes were deep brown and beautiful. She had a mouth that would make everyone listen to her. Not to mention her smell that made my wolf stir. I didn't know how I didn't mark her then and there. I knew that my eyes kept turning gold on me and I knew that she noticed. Luckily, she knew when to ask questions and when to stay quiet. Smart girl. Unlike Graham.
God, how could he be so stupid? Why did he always have to stir up trouble when he knew too well that it wasn't wanted?
He was going to say Beta. I was Callum's Beta and that's how the pack knows me. The hierarchy in our pack wasn't that noticeable. We were friends with everybody. The ones born into the pack lived in the castle or in the cabins on the estate when the ones that wanted to join the pack normally worked here and live in the Servants' Quarters. But other than that, we got along fine with all the members of our pack.
Callum was a good Alpha as well as king. He ruled fair and had the respect of everyone. That's why when our parents died, no one thought to challenge him for the title. Not even the four of us. Not to mention the pressure of being King and Alpha. Sometimes I didn't know how Callum did it. How he juggles his responsibilities? But I guess that's why he's the king.
I lied on the lounge in the library, trying to fight every urge inside of me to wait outside of Amy's room. Even I knew that, that was creepy. But I couldn't help what I felt. I wanted to -
My thoughts were interrupted when the library door opened. I tensed, ready to yell if it was Graham. Luckily, it was Callum.
"Hey," he said, pacing over to his desk.
"Hi," I stated, but he didn't look like he was interested.
He continued to search through papers, not having any luck.
"Where is the invoice from Lord Greer?"
I thought for a second, before I remembered.
"In your top draw."
He pulled out the draw and made an O sound before pulling out a piece of paper. I turned down at my phone when it looked like he was going to leave, but I couldn't hear footsteps.
"How you goin'?" Callum asked, "I know Graham didn't help."
I scoffed, "when does Graham ever help?"
Callum shrugged, but he knew that it was true. Graham was always out to cause trouble.
Just as I was about to speak, the door opened with the two arguing minions.
"Stars wars is the alternant Si-fi movie of all times, how can you even question it?" Graham asked.
"How could a TV series be so great if the first three movies were made after the last three?" Allie argued.
"Really, Star Wars again?" Callum asked with a groan.
"It's a great series and it needs to be protected by storms troopers like her," Graham snapped winning an eye roll from Allie.
"So, has the sisters rose, yet?" Allie asked deciding to change the subject.
"Liv stayed in Amy's room last night. They probably won't come out till ten," Callum filled us in.
It must have killed him to go that one night without Liv. I don't think they had spent a night apart since the Macangus attack.
"And Archie there was somethin' I needed to tell -."
Once again, the door opened. I sat up hoping with everything that I had that it was Amy. I hadn't seen her in fourteen hours and thirty-six minutes. Not that I was counting.
And then my hope was ripped out of my heart and burnt alive in front of me. My heart burned with betrayal as I looked at the lad that I once called Brother. He looked the same as he normally did. And if that didn't annoy me, his entire presence did. He looked around the room, not expecting a welcome but I'm sure he wanted one. Who wouldn't want a welcome after almost a year away? But that person never deserved it.
"Malcolm," Allie finally said, trying to get it through her head.
Our Lonely Brother was back.
"What are you doin' back?" Graham asked.
Malcolm's eyes flicked to mine, probably by accident, but it was enough to set my skin on fire.
"Ah, Callum told me about Amy," he admitted, avoiding all our eyes.
"Oh yeah," Graham chuckled, "Liv's sister. Of course Callum would want you to meet his mate's sister."
Malcolm went to say something, but decided to just nodded. His eyes found their way to me, giving me the final piece of evidence that I needed. Callum told him that Amy was my mate.
Feeling my wolf about to erupt, I made a bolt for the door.
"No, Archie, please," Malcolm begged.
I felt someone touch my shoulder and without knowing who it was and not caring I swung my hand. I heard Malcolm groan before I realized that it was him that I hit. His eyes were glued to his fingers that had a little bit of blood on them from his chin. He didn't look surprised.
"Don't," I growled, my voice now unrecognisable and my eyes burning gold, "don't you dare act like the brother that has always been around. Just don't."
He tilted his head, his eyes pleading with me. But it was too late. It was three years too late.
I stormed out of the library, slamming the door as hard as I could.