Chapter 24: Kei Valancia

Start from the beginning

"I see you're quite restless," he mused. I smiled dryly.

"Your observation would be correct. Now what do you want?" I heard him tsk. Suddenly, I felt his presence right behind me.

"Aren't you at least a little curious as to why I'm holding you in here?" His breath brushed against my ear and I had to hold in a horrified shudder.

"I can't say that I really care," I responded deadpanned. His arm wrapped around my neck and squeezed, cutting off my oxygen. Yet I didn't react at all.

"Oh you should because in a month, you're going to become one of the most powerful wolves on the planet. Not even the Alpha King will be able to do anything." He sounded gleeful as he whispered in my ear, and I wanted to turn around and punch him so hard in the face that not even he would be able to recognize it.

"And do you know the reason, my love?" He loosened his arm slightly so that I could answer. Inhaling quietly, I answered him.

"I don't have an inkling of an idea what you're talking about."

"Well my dear, isn't it your birthday next month?"

"So what of it?" He giggled and it made me want to vomit. It was just too creepy.

"You get the best birthday gift ever! Your powers." I stiffened further in his grasp.

"I already have my powers, you crazy oaf." A punch to my ribs was a warning to shut up.

"No darling, you're real powers. What you have now is just a tidbit to what you actually possess," he pushed me away from his chest abruptly before turning me around to face him. He was so close that I could feel his hot, damp breath on my face. "Imagine it like this, the powers you have now is like a single raindrop from a storm cloud just full of millions of other drops. Right now you only have access to the one little drop of rain. However on your 21st birthday, the cloud that is containing the rest of the rainwater is going to start pouring, unable to contain it any longer,

"So you see Kei? The powers you have now is only a single raindrop. Soon the cloud is going to burst and there's nothing you can do."

He held me closer, his nose now brushing against my own. I didn't move, talk, or hardly even breathe for a full minute. The only sound was the even breaths of Leon who seemed to be waiting for my answer. Finally, I let out a small sigh.

"First off, no I don't see. What don't you get about me being blind? And secondly, you really are a crazy son-of-a-gun, aren't you?" I pulled back my fist and punched him as hard as I could in the face. Taken by surprise, he let go of me and must have flown across the room and slammed into the wall as a loud crash echoed around the small room. Shaking my hand, I strode over to where the sound came from and kicked out with my foot until I felt a leg. I pulled back expecting a hit but was shocked to find that nothing happened. Almost timidly, I poked him again with my toe before freezing for his reaction. Still nothing.

Maybe you knocked him out? Rei questioned.

I don't know. He hasn't attacked yet so maybe I did. If so, our luck hasn't run out yet. Scooting around his body, I feel my way around and guide myself with the wall. Reaching out blindly, my hand comes into contact with something soft. As if bitten, I pull back and hold my hand to my chest.

Don't tell me that was his hair. Crazy bad guys do not get soft hair.

This one does. Now feel above him. I think that's where the door was located. Reaching my hand out, I once again touched what seemed to be his hair which was soft and it felt wrong that this evil person should get soft hair. Moving upward however, my fingers came into contact with a cold surface with ridges that felt like the door.

Okay, so we figured out that this was the door. It still seems to be intact and therefore any hope of us actually getting out of here went below zero. Again. A groan made me pull back and take a few steps back as Leon began to stir.

Hurry, punch him in the face again.

I would but I don't know where his face is!

Then just swing your fists woman!

Without a second thought, I pulled back my fist and let it go but sadly it never made contact. At that exact moment, I felt his hand enclose around my fist, stopping my attack. Not a moment later I found myself flying across the room and slamming against the wall, my head snapping back.

I should get a medal for most times getting slammed into a flat surface, I thought to myself. I felt my own conscious begin to wane and if I could see, my vision would be black around the edges. Faintly I heard footsteps coming towards me but I no longer had the energy to move. They stopped besides me and a voice spoke right besides my right ear.

"You will get your powers and you will do what I say. So you better enjoy your stay because it's going to be a long month," I didn't reply - more accurately I couldn't. I hardly even heard his retreating footsteps and the slamming of the door behind him.

Slumping against the wall, I held in my tears and welcomed the blackness that made me numb.