Chapter 2: Kei Valancia

Color Manual

Gold - pride

Light Blue - calm

Red - anger

Blue - uncertainty

White - hope

Neon Orange - confidence

Orange (darker than neon) - surprise

Violet - desire/passion

Dark Brown - tense

~~~~~~~~~~

Following the alpha's scent, which was a mysterious musk that I couldn't really put my finger on, I found myself where the scent was strong. Stopping in front of a door, I reached out to softly touch the wood. It was smooth under my fingertips and I could almost smell the earthy scent as I envisioned the tree that it came from.

"How did you know where my office was?" his voice growled behind me. I tilted my head and moved aside.

"I'll spill my secrets once we're alone." I grinned cheekily at him and he only inhaled sharply before letting it out slowly. I felt his body brush past me and the sound of the doorknob turning squeaked between us. He walked in first and didn't even seem to care if I followed or not.

"I guess chivalry is dead," I mumbled and walked in after him, shutting the door behind me.

"Only with you," he retorted dryly as I heard the sound of a squeak as he sat in what I assume would be a chair. I pretended to look around but only saw darkness. The only color I could see was from the alpha himself but everything else was just black. I let out a quiet sigh. It would be nice to see a flower or something. "Take a seat." Obeying his orders, I walked over smoothly, pushing my senses ahead of me until I could picture the outline of the room in my mind. There were two plush chairs in front what seemed like a large wooden desk, the alpha of course sitting behind it in a massive chair. A table was off to my right along with a couch facing me.

Striding over, I sat in the chair with ease and felt myself slightly relax. It's been awhile since I've rested on a piece of furniture like this. I let out a small groan and tipped my head back. This was definitely a little piece of heaven.

"Now, explain to me what you are and what you plan to do here." Cracking my neck, I lifted my head and faced him.

"I'll start off with my name," I cleared my throat dramatically and heard him tap his finger impatiently. I mentally grinned and finally spoke. "My name is Kei Valancia and I like think of myself as traveler of sorts. For a few years now, I have been traveling from weaker packs to teach them everything they need to know to protect themselves from other packs or rogues. Now your question as to what I am, I'll let you try and figure that one out yourself." His finger tapping stopped as I finished.

"Your features are too bizarre even for a witch, nor do you have the air of a vampire," he mused. "My only guest would be that you are half fae, the one species that is cloaked underneath a cloud of mystery." I smiled slightly at his words.

"Congrats, your deduction skills are impeccable. And you would be right about the fae being a mysterious bunch, not I even know much about them if I was being honest with you," I admitted to him. "Knowing this, I would love it if you wouldn't advertise it as well. I know rumors are bound to swirl around but it would be helpful if you didn't say anything about it." He was silent for a minute, feeling his eyes scanning my face.