Chapter 38. Stalker

Start from the beginning

His gaze was steady on mine as he answered. "They did many things, they forced your father to divorce his wife and revealed the existence of his mistress, they threatened Mrs. Sorenson, but what worries me is that they took several pictures of you."

I blinked at him in confusion. "Pictures?"

He nodded, removing his glasses to clean them up. "Yes, pictures of you here in the college, on Nathan's house, on the street. I've sent another academy team to retrieve these pictures and they found several of them, in some you were alone, on others you had us with you. In all of them you appeared smiling, clearly happy, and in the back of these photos came the phrase: You can't break her."

I could only stare at him. Someone was stalking me.

Someone was stalking me!

I felt a shiver of dread run down my spine before anger took over.

Poor North choose that moment to enter the office, his expression one of worry until he saw me.

I turned to him, "Why were you keeping this from me?" I was livid.

His eyes widened at my outburst and he raised his hands in supplication, "Baby... why don't we talk calmly about this?" he asked.

Seriously. North Taylor was asking ME to talk calmly.

"Don't you dare to fucking tell me to keep calm!" I told him, my anger bubbling, his words having the opposite effect.

His eyes widened at my swearing and I felt more than heard Owen standing up from his chair.

I heard a throat clearing behind me before he said, "I will leave you two to it." And then he left the office without waiting for a response.

I would go for him next, he wasn't escaping this one, damn it!

North started talking again, "Baby..." but I cut him off, not wanting to listen to him right now.

There was suddenly too much going on in my head and I needed space to process.

The boys had gone after my old family to make them pay...

Someone was stalking me...

The boys were keeping secrets from me, secrets that pertained to my own safety...

I went to walk past North when he grabbed my arm, "Wait! Where are you going? We are not done talking." He said.

If I had been paying attention I would have seen the panicked look in his eyes, but instead I saw red.

I pulled his arm over my shoulder, twisted and bent down throwing his heavy body to the floor in front of me.

He stayed there gaping at me as I stepped over him and left the office.

I walked through the corridors with all my senses in high alert, taking in every scent, noise and face that passed by me.

My stalker could be here now, anywhere, and until a few seconds before I didn't even know it.

Anything could have happened when I left the boys to go in search of Owen and no one would have been able to do anything.

I found an empty classroom and entered, siting in the floor against the wall with my knees raised and my arms hugging my legs to my chest.

I dropped my forehead on top of my knees and just stayed there, perfectly still trying to process what was going on.

The door suddenly opening made my heartbeat spike and my thoughts turned wild until I caught a familiar musky scent in the air.

I sighed in relief, my shoulders sagging.

"Baby?" He asked with a voice unnaturally unsure for him and I felt my heart squeeze painfully. I hated to make him feel so unsure of himself like that.

He approached where I was sitting and I raised my head to see him kneeling in the floor in front of me "Sang baby... Shit, please, don't hate me." He begged.

I couldn't stand it anymore. There was no way I could allow him to believe something so absurd. I took his face in my hands and stared into his dark eyes, letting all my love for him to show in my own.

His eyes widened in surprise and I told him, "North Star... some days you may annoy me, some days you may drive me crazy and spark my rarely seen temper, but I will never hate you. Do you know why, my North?!"

He just shook his head mutely, swallowing.

"Because I love you." I finally admitted.

He moved faster than you would expect of a guy his size, his arms going around my body and pulling me to sit on his lap, crushing me against his hard chest.

"You love me, baby?" He'd lowered his head and his breath tickled my ear, making a shiver run up my spine.

"I do." I told him.

He dropped his mouth to my neck, kissing the skin there before slipping his lips to a spot where my neck met my shoulder. I squirmed on his lap, feeling the warmth spread over my body.

He opened his mouth and lapped a little over my skin, causing me to shiver, "North..."

He bit down.

I gasped; the shaft of pleasure that suddenly shot through me completely shocking.

My hands on his shoulders gripped tightly and I think I moaned before he let go of my skin and raised his head to claim my lips with his.

Our kiss was almost feral, a battle for dominance to which I eventually gave way, choosing to simply enjoy his attentions.

And he gave me a lot to enjoy, his lips on mine kissing me until I had no breath left.

We separated, both of us panting, and he laid his forehead against my own. "I love you too, Sang baby."

......

Corey and Mark stood silent as they watched the interactions of the Blackbourne Team and their bird in the courtyard.

They had recently come back from a mission up in Illinois where they had gone to retrieve a package of photos taken of a certain bird.

Their team had been as livid at the prospect of someone stalking her as had the Blackbourne Team.

Now they were in charge of keeping an eye on her surroundings, searching for her stalker amid the crowds, which was something that Raven had gleefully agreed to.

They would catch this person.

Whoever he might be, her stalker better watch himself, because when they found him, he would pay a steep price.