Conclusion pt 2

Harry was resting on the hospital bed, using my shoulder as a pillow, who knew giving birth would be so exhausting? I jumped up though as three nurses walked in, each pushing a plastic bassinet that had my sons inside. One was dressed in blue another green and the other in yellow to tell them apart; the one in yellow though had a red band around his left ankle.

I ignored it though, and swallowed back tears as I looked down to my sons; I couldn't hold back my tears however as the nurse gave me the one in yellow and Harry the other two. My son stared at me as I cried, his bright green eyes just made me cry harder; he was so beautiful. I placed soft little kisses all over his face and I chuckled as he tried to raised his tiny gloved hands to protect his face. I climb into Harry's hospital bed so he and I can look at all three at once, all of them had Harry's bright green eyes.

"So which is which?" Harry finally asked as I wiped my face dry "Let's let them decide" I said before placing my son on Harry's bed and motioning Harry to do the same. "Thomas" I said, clearly, loudly waiting for one of the babies to respond, when none of them did I said it again; a third time I said "Tommy" and the baby in blue looked in my general direction "That's Thomas" I said to Harry who laughed "Alright Louis that one is Tommy". We repeated the process with Henry so the last baby was named Oliver by default.

While a nurse was filling out their birth certificates with their names, a doctor came in with a machine and a tiny set of headphones. "Hello gentleman, I'm an audiologist and I just need to check something with this little guy" he said as he held out his arms towards Oliver. "Is everything ok?" I asked as Harry gave Oliver to the guy. "Yeah everything fine" the doctor said before putting the little headset on Oliver and waving a colorful toy in front of him.

The doctor pressed some buttons but Oliver didn't react at all, just watched the colorful toy that was being waved in his face. After a few more button pressing the doctor nodded and took off the headset "Gentleman it seems your son, Oliver, is profoundly deaf". "...Wh...What?" Harry said in disbelief.

"There is no need to worry, nowadays the deaf can live very rich and fulfilling lives with Sign Language and speech therapy, also there are many technologies that can help them also such as hearings aides and video phones" the doctor said "Other than that, all of the babies passed their health tests with flying colors."

Harry sighed as Oliver was given back to us "Just one thing after another". "It's ok Harry we'll figure this out together, like we always have" I said as I bopped Oliver's little nose with my finger.

-

"Ok so, is everyone ready?" Greg asked from the driver's seat of the new minivan he bought for us after selling the clunker car; Niall sat in the passenger 's seat while Harry and I sat in the middle seats and the kids were in their car-seats at the very back. Harry and I jumped at each and every little noise our sons made to make sure they were ok and Greg chuckled each time we did. They were only two days old, since they were born yesterday; we were just being careful, especially with Oliver.

Greg drove slowly home while Harry and I spent most of the drive reading the various pamphlets about babies that the staff gave us as well as tips for how to care for a deaf child. Harry and I read all the parenting books we came across since we moved to Los Angeles so a lot of it was review but almost none of them had any tips on how to care for a deaf child so we read those ones carefully.

When we arrived at home, Niall, Harry and I each grabbed a car seat while Greg opened the door "Welcome home little lads" Niall said as we walked inside. As soon as we went inside though Henry, which Niall was carrying, started to cry. "I didn't do anything I swear!" Niall said quickly putting down the car seat beside the couch.