Christmas Day

Boy this chapter took forever! Its a mega long chapter for a Christmas special (I know that it's June, okay?) It's really hard to think of specific gifts, ya know? The picture above is explained later.

Everyone was done opening presents in all of the gangs families. Every year, they'd all meet up at Mitch's house to exchange gifts. It had become a tradition that they all loved to do. Nel would make dinner for everyone and supply snacks while the rest of them had fun.

With two more members, this included more food and gifts. Well, the more the merrier, right?

Scott shows up to Mitch's house first, at around 12:30 when the "party" started at 1:00. He helped clean up a little and placed his gifts under the tree. He had come with 6 gifts, one for everyone.

He finishes helping Nel carry trays of food into the counter and then checks the time. 12:54. Anytime now, Scott thought.

The door is shot open, revealing Kirstie and Avi who had obviously car pooled.

"Hellllllo, Grassi family!" She yells. "And Scott!" Mitch and Scott give her a hug, Nel following afterwards.

Only about twenty minutes later did everyone show up. They all sit in Mitch's living room, cramming onto the couch. Most people sat on top of another. Mitch was on Avi, Kirstie was on Kevin, and everyone else fit fine. Other then Esther who was leaning into the edge of the couch because she didn't want to sit on someone.

"Who wants to hand out their gifts first?" Kirstie asks. Avi pushes Mitch onto Scott and hops up, raising his hand. "We have a volunteer, I guess."

Avi shoots up, distributing his gifts to everyone. Once they are all separated, they go in order, staring with Kirstie.

She undoes the wrapping paper and opens the box. She throws her hand over her mouth.

"Avi..." She says. She holds it up, revealing a silver locket. She wipes a stray tear, unable to produce words.

"Explanation?" Avi asks. Everyone nods. "Two years ago, I gave her that locket with a picture of me, her, Mitch, and Kevin. They didn't know it though. We were by the creek and it fell off and into it. Last week, I found it washed on the shore. It was like a Christmas miracle."

"I-I, thank you so much!" She says and runs into Avi's arms. "I love it. Thank you." Everyone laughs and moves on to Alex. It was simple, as they really didn't know each other that long.

Mitch's turn comes up and he quickly undoes the wrap. He shoots Avi and annoyed, yet joking, look. He holds it up and laughs. It was a book titled "a mothers guide to teach speech". He throws it at Avi.

"Open it." Mitch opens it, and it definitely wasn't a book to teach speech. Each page had a text conversation, or social media conversations that Avi and Mitch had shared. That always had the best laughs and sweet moments over the phone.

"Awwww." Mitch sputters and hugs him.

They move on, no other gift that out of the ordinary. He got Scott a new watch, Kevin a new phone case, and Esther a gag gift. She was his sister after all.

After going through Alex's, Kirstie's, Esther, and Kevin's gifts, they reach Mitch's. He hands them out with a big grin on their face.

Kirstie first. It was a 7 page hand written letter about how important she was in his life. Under the letter was a two-day vacation trip during the summer. It explains in the letter that it was for her and Jeremy. Under the tickets, was a condom and another note.

Use protection, kids ;).

She playfully nudges him. Mitch got Avi a dragon stuffed animal that he had personalized to say three things: barbecue, Mitch is my dad, and bitch don't kill my vibe. It was an inside joke.