Avoiding The Mistletoe

Mitch runs outside after saying goodbye to his parents. He made sure to grab what he needed. A charger, an overnight bag, and his gift. He hops into Avi's car and he starts on his way to Kirstie's party.

"You ready to party, Mitchy?" Avi asks, a smile across his face. Mitch shakes his head, he was a little nervous. There would be a lot of people there. Kirstie had a lot more friends at their school than Mitch did. She knew more people. He would not know everyone. "If anything happens, come find me and I'll save you."

Mitch makes a heart with his hands. "Love you too, Munchie."

Mitch was a little upset that Scott wouldn't get there until around ten because of work. The party started at seven, so going three hours without him was frustrating.

Avi pulls into Kirstie's house, not surprised when they were one of the first people there. They hop out, walking in to the house without a knock.

"My babies! Hugs!" Kirstie yells and wraps them into a hug. Mitch chuckles and quickly runs upstairs and into her room to place his things on the ground. He comes back down, shocked to see almost ten more people there.

He relaxes a little when he sees Kevin, after he had lost Avi and Kirstie already. He runs over, hugging him and interrupting his conversation. Kevin hugs him back and tries to continue talking at the same time.

The person awkwardly excuses themselves.

"Well, hello." Kevin says. Mitch throws his arms around him again. "You're acting like we haven't seen each other in forever. What's wrong?" Mitch shakes his head, nothing was wrong. He was just a little uneasy about all of the people. "You come get me if you need me, all right?" Mitch smiles at him and nods.

Kevin disappears as more people walk in. Mitch didn't even know if Kirstie's parents were home or not.

Mitch checks the time: 7:06. This would be a long night.

---------------------

Mitch didn't know why he was shocked when kids showed up with alcohol. He stayed away from all of the bad things, and sat in the corner by all of the Christmas decorations.

He avoided most things, especially the mistletoe at the front door. He didn't want to kiss a stranger. Especially a girl stranger.

He was on his phone most of the night, but once it died and it needed to be put on the charger, he was out of luck. He went upstairs to plug it in, but two kids were making out on Kirstie's bed. He quickly left that scenario and settled on just not using his phone.

He checks on the time once again: 9:25. It was almost time. Only 35 more minutes until Scott was here and he would have someone to talk to.

"Mitch!" He hears. He spots Alex walking towards him. "Hey." Mitch waves. "Why are you alone?" Mitch shrugs. "You can come hang out with me if you want. I don't mind." Mitch points to his watch, then holds up ten fingers, then pointing at the door.

"Is someone coming at ten?" Mitch nods.

"Scott?" He nods again. Alex smiles at him.

"You two are cute. It's sad that you broke up." Mitch awkwardly chuckles.

Alex gets up a few minutes later, leaving Mitch alone once again.

---------------------

10:14. He was late. Mitch had even come close to leaving. He just wasn't having any fun. No one would talk to him, no one would take their time to at least say hi.

He looks around, trying to find Kirstie. He wanted her to save him. Tell him it would be okay if he left and that she'd see him later, even if he was supposed to stay the night with the rest of the gang.

Mitch watched as drunk kids grind against each other, he watches spin the bottle, and he watches them chug beers. He was disgusted. He would never drink.

He feels arms being wrapped around his waist, and in a panic, he turns and slaps them.

"Ow, holy shit." He hears a voice say. He takes a look at the face. "I was trying to be cute. I didn't think that through."

Of course it was Scott. Mitch immediately tries to look as apologetic as he could, then wraps himself in Scott. He places a peck on Mitch cheek and makes him smile.

"Im sorry I'm late, Mitchy." Scott says into Mitch's hair.

I thought you weren't going to come...

"I texted you but you didn't respond."

My phone died.

"Oh. My boss had to keep me after for a little. I'm really sorry."

It's okay. I'm just happy you're here.

Mitch gently kisses Scott's lips. Scott smiles and pecks him one more time before they both take a seat in Kirstie's bean bags.

"BABY!" Kirstie yells, running over and jumping on Scott's lap. They all chuckle.

"Are you drunk, Kit?"

"No! Ive only had a few drinks." Jeremy walks over, gabbing Kirstie off of Scott when she tried to kiss him. Jeremy laughs and mouths "she's drunk."

"You can't kiss a gay boy, Kirstie!" Jeremy says in a joking tone.

"Oh my gosh! I love you, Jer!"

"I love you too. Go drink some water."

"Okay!" She yells and runs off.

"Wish me luck." Jeremy says and follows her.

---------------------

Everyone had finally left and it was just the gang. Scott and Mitch had run out to grab Scott's items from his car before sitting outside for a little while.

"Drunk people are insane." Scott says.

"Mhm." Mitch hums. He backs up slightly, his back touching the front of Scott car.

Thanks for not leaving me and getting drunk.

"No problem. I had a good time with you anyway." Mitch smiles and hugs Scott when he leans down to take him into his embrace.

They pull apart and looks at eachother. Scott was about to walk away when Mitch felt brave. He grabbed Scott's collar and pulled him down, placing his lips on his.

Scott was shocked and it was obvious, but it didn't stop him from kissing back almost immediately. He places his hands on Mitch's waist.

It's was slightly rough and very needy but it was perfect all in all. Scott lifts Mitch into the air, placing him onto his car and maneuvering in between his legs.

Mitch pulls on Scott's back, wanting him closer in every way.

They were a mess of wet kisses, tongues exploring, and hands on each other. They didn't care who saw them, even though it was 3:00 in the morning and no one would really be outside.

"AHHHH SO CUTE!" They hear from behind. The pull apart, not willingly but to see who had spoken up.

They look back at the house and see Kirstie, Alex, Avi, and Kevin watching them with giant grins on their faces.

"That was...nice."