napkin

"Dude, get her number."

"Shut up Gary." I said as I looked at the empty seat beside me and took another drink of my whiskey. Grace had gone to the bathroom.

"If you don't do it, I will." Gary continued to mock.

"Gary, you're like 40, she's not going to give you her number."

"Damnit, I forgot how old I was."

I just chuckled at Gary, that's all I ever do around here.

I looked up when I saw the bathroom door slam closed.

Grace made her was to the seat next to me again.

"How much for the water?" Grace asked, her beautiful voice echoed through the bar.

Stop thinking like this, Kyle.

"It's fine, you're good." Gary said, and I think he meant it in more ways that one.

"Oh okay, thank you. Oh, and I hope I'm not being too forward. I had no paper so I wrote in on a napkin, sorry. But here, take my number. Call me sometime." Grace turned to me and extended the napkin out to me.

I hesitated at first, images of Imogen flooded my mind. I took the napkin from her lovely ivory hand.

"Thank you. Goodbye, Grace." I said with a wave.

"Goodbye, Kyle. Don't forget to call." She said, and then walked out of the bar.

I wrinkled up the napkin and put it in the the front pocket of my jeans.

"How much Gary?" I asked, getting up to leave.

"On the house, dude."

"Thank you bro."

I have his hand a quick shake and then walked out of the bar. I decided to drive to the nearest grocery store, since I was in need of groceries.

I drove 2 miles to "Mile High Grocery Store." I quickly grabbed a cart and walked inside of the store.

Once inside, I went directly towards the  tea isle, I was always a sucker for Peace Tea. I was reaching on the shelf to grad two Razzleberry Peace Teas when I heard:

"Kyle, Kyle David Hall? Is that you?"

I turned around to put a face to the voice, and my eyes widened in surprise.