“Shut up Lily!” Jace snapped at her but she kept laughing. I ignore them as they continued to argue and made eye contact with Seb.

Something was different about him. It was almost like he was larger and stronger. It was subtle but I still noticed it. As I looked deep into his eyes I saw a light yellow glow there. If you didn’t have vampire vision you wouldn’t be able to see it. But it was there, almost pulsing with life. My mind flashed back to the last time I saw his eyes completely glow in Helia’s kitchen. Something is changing him and we have to find out what it is. Helia better hope it’s not harming him or she’ll have one very pissed off vampire on her hands.

Seb broke the eye lock with me and snapped me back to the present.

“I should scout the area and make sure they are gone” I said breaking the ongoing dispute between Jace and Lily. But they simple kept fighting not even hearing me. Simon and Marie nodded and I knew they at least listened to me.

Once I started walking to the forest I smelt Seb approaching from behind. His scent still makes my mouth water; even more now for some reason.

We didn’t talk as we made our way deeper inside. I let him walk ahead but I was using my nose, ears and vision to lead me.

There were so many new scents here that I had to keep my A.D.D. in check to keep from investigating them all.

“The wolves are gone” Seb said turning back to me. His nostrils were a little wide like he had been sniffing the air too. But humans have a terrible sense of smell. Trust me I used to be one. His eyes also had more of a glow to them; still very minimal but noticeable to me.

“Are you okay?” I asked concerned. He crossed is arms in a defensive way.

“Yes” He replied being very short with me. Here we go with moody Seb again. I hope one day he learns to express himself better

“Ok so you want to this the easy way and just say what your problem is with me now or should I wait while you put you big boy pants on?” I snapped with loads of sarcasm attached. He raised a brow

“Funny” was his only reply. I took purposeful steps forward until there was barely any space between us. I had to fight my fangs from coming out because his scent had me wanting to taste him. And I mean more than just his blood

“Fighting something red eyes?” he asked with a smirk on his face. I instantly calmed myself and hoped my eyes changed back. At least now I know anger isn’t the only emotion that turns them red but strong lust as well.

Since he was being a jerk right now I decided it was the best time to push his buttons.

“I bet I could find a guy who likes it” I replied casually with a smirk of my own.

Probably went too far with that comment because Seb’s whole demeanor hardened. His eyes lit up like bulbs and he growled low and deep enough for me to feel it in my stomach. The expression on his face was deadly but it didn’t scare me. Only sparked my curiosity. Something is definitely changing him...

 He must have realized what he was doing because he stopped to shake it off and looked slightly confused by it.

“What’s happening to you?” I asked reaching my hand out. When I touched his arm I was shocked by how hot he was. Seb immediately pulled back from me. I did my best to hide the hurt that small moved caused me.