Welcome Home Ana...Part 1

Ana

Don't look back. I keep repeating to myself. Just a few minutes ago I jumped off the roof of a twenty story building. Now I'm using every ounce of strength to run through the forest as fast as I can.

"Once you’re deep in the forest start using the platinum." Seb’s voice is ringing directions in my head. I reach down between my breasts and pull out the gold pouch. I quickly take small pinches of the glittering specks tossing them in the air behind me. Marcos is going to be so pissed when he realizes I've thrown them off the trail. I smile at the thought

"Before you reach the other side of the forest there will be a duffel bag under a marked tree." I mull over Seb’s words still running. I don't know how I'm supposed to recognize a marked tree. No matter, I'm sure it'll be easy once I'm there.

I dodge in and out of trees picking up speed.  I can hear rabbit’s underground scurry and birds in the sky. Even though I'm moving fast everything looks crystal clear. It's exhilarating seeing the collage of colors and the full moon lighting the dark sky.

I come to an abrupt stop. There's a scent lingering in the air; a scent I'm all too familiar with. I tilt my nose in the air allowing it to lead me where the scent is growing stronger. When it's the strongest I stop and open my eyes. I'm standing in front of a huge tree with draping branches. Underneath is a large black duffel bag. Seb was very clever to use his scent to lead me here.

 I hurriedly rip off the end of my long dress. The material is too heavy. It'll only slow me down. I also break the heels from my shoes. Running through an unknown city in heels won't cut it. The wind hits my bare legs carrying with it the smell of the guards. Damn! They are gaining on me. I toss the bag over my shoulder, throw some platinum to hide both our scents and sprint out the forest

Once I'm far enough away from the woods I stop. I haven't a clue where I am but I do know where I'm going; home. The mere thought of seeing all my tormentors again boils my blood. I wonder if they will even recognize me.

 I continue walking, entering the crowded streets of an unknown city. All the chaos I know is due to the New Year’s celebration. People are crammed together screaming and throwing festive colored items about. A group of teen boys wearing happy New Year hats stumble to a stop in front of me

"Whoa! You’re hot! Cool dress" the blond boy wearing ripped jeans and t-shirt says to me. I glance down at my torn dress unsure if he really thinks it’s cool or just gawking at my exposed legs.

"Uh what city is this?" I ask. The boys all stare at me for a minute before the main one leads the group in laughter.

"No way you’re serious! What drugs are you on, because I totally want some!" He says laughing and high fiving his equally stoned friends.

I don't have time to entertain these losers. I turn and disappear quickly into the night. I know I shouldn't move that fast with humans watching but those stoners surely won't remember in the morning.

I walk into a seemingly deserted alley trying to form a plan. What I need is a bus station. Maybe I should crash somewhere for the night? But I need to put as much distance between me and the forest as possible.

I glance down the alley and about a hundred feet away I notice two guys getting handsy with a girl. I focus my ears so I can hear the conversation their having