"I haven't been able to sleep all that well nowadays, anyhow," Chanyeol said, shrugging. "I'd say that it's your fault, but I wouldn't want you feeling guilty."

"Your insomnia's not my issue."

"You say that even if all the causes point to you."

-

-

In the back of his mind, Kyungsoo knew that appearing as a solo individual hogging an entire booth near the large glass windows that overlooked the pathways and courts below the dining hall was a bad image to put in public, but he couldn't help himself. There was burning in him that itched to see his friend and the giant together as if he wanted to emotionally and psychologically tear himself apart like a masochist.

He waited for minutes on end, constantly preparing to see the two in view, but even then, Kyungsoo had no idea which card to play when that moment happened. The chattering made by the other school students and teachers behind him began to sound like white noise the more in depth he delved into his own thoughts.

The moment came when around the corner of the building near the hall came the two people he was preparing to see. As Kyungsoo expected, they walked together, but to his dreadful surprise, he could see with clear focus how their hands were locked together. Baekhyun's face was turned away from the giant, and yet, Kyungsoo spotted that familiar curve on his lips, the shy indication that Chanyeol had said something pleasing and Baekhyun had the desire not to flatter him by openly showing his pleasure.

Often times, Kyungsoo noted how desperately clingy and unwanted both men and women become the moment they start acting foolish based on romantic desires, but when he stood up from his lone booth to begin marching out the dining hall to separate the two, he justified himself and his own actions. To him, he wasn't acting as a clingy friend, nor was he acting as a jealous ex, which was something he swore to never be. If anything, he folded all his cards for the sake of keeping Baekhyun away from harm and Park Chanyeol was definitely an imminent threat to the brunet's happiness. This, Kyungsoo was sure.

He kept his expression neutral and when individuals who passed him by smiled at him, Kyungsoo returned the favor, but he had one objective in mind and he moved like an efficient hurricane. He was a brewing storm and he knew that the moment he reached the two, it would be comparable to a category five hurricane hitting the mainland. There wasn't an obstacle that he foresaw to deal with, but out of nowhere, the instant he stepped out on the wet, rain-drenched deck to take the stairs down to meet Baekhyun and the athlete, Kyungsoo felt a hand grip on his arm, pulling him back from taking the descent.

"Whatever you're planning to do, stop it."

Whipping his head around, Kyungsoo looked back to turn his face at the fiend who dared tear his objective off track. "What the hell are you doing, Jongin?"

"That's a nice question to be asking yourself, don't you think?" The soccer captain threw Kyungsoo's arm aside the moment the latter began to pull attempts to release himself from his hold. "You sit around waiting for opportunities to rise just so you can break it down. Stop being a fucking psychopath and pull yourself out of their business. You're beginning to resemble a leech."

It was laughable the way Kyungsoo was suddenly being compared to the very parasite that he adored to call all else around him. He threw a glare in Jongin's direction, bent on ignoring the lousy male's advice to do anything at all, but when he took a step down on the staircase, he was pulled back again by the touch of a hand holding tightly on his shoulder.

"Behind your plastic persona, you're honestly the most selfish, narcissistic person that I know. Are you so attached to Byun that you won't let him have other relationships besides with yourself because that's how it's starting to seem, Do Kyungsoo."

Gritting his teeth in a fury, Kyungsoo twisted his body around to push Jongin's hands off of him. The feeling of being contacted by a person of distasteful manner was so offensive to him on so many levels, Kyungsoo felt sick. "You know nothing, Jongin."

"I know everything there is to know just by looking at you."

A pressure felt like it was crushing his chest and Kyungsoo began to realize that it was anxiety striking at him like a hot hammer on smoldering iron. The words pierced and it terrified him. The absolute raw feeling to being sliced open, to have his act exposed and to bear the pain of having his true nature ripped from the hiding of his mask and thrown out for the world to see was enough to make him feel like he was ten thousand feet underwater. Jongin saw more than Kyungsoo ever wanted to expose and he felt naked knowing that no lie could cover his nature the way he graciously did in front of the eyes of the gullible others.

He gulped, palms beginning to sweat, and he threw a finger in Jongin's direction. Opening his mouth, he prepared to snap back with the intent of ripping the latter's head off by the sheer power of his sharp words, but before he could do so, Kyungsoo foolishly took another step down on the staircase without glancing to see his footing. Then, with the wooden staircase slick with rain and the badly put positioning of his foot, Kyungsoo became unstable and fell backwards, tumbling down the hard wood that knocked him unconscious halfway.

-------------------------------------------

A/n: When I was on my Key Leader retreat in the woods for Key Club, it rained all 3 days that weekend. Then, this girl named Jackie, after dinner, was standing on top of the wooden stairs that people could take from the cafateria and back down to the main ground. Well, she was wearing boots, and ones that didnt have that much friction, and even I skidded on that wooden deck sometimes, it was that slippery. Then, Jackie slipped on the stairs and she fell all the way down. Oh. 

ALSO: Follow me on my social media :D 

twitter.com/exobubz_  || exo-ho.tumblr.com