15. ooooh shit

Well, dinner was fine. It's a family night after all, so that means I had to keep my sister's fugly boyfriend a secret and spent time with Theo so all is good. Not so quite though. Eventually, Ava had my dad drive her to her friend's house and I can't be too sure.

Oh right.

I dial up Blake's number and wait for him to answer. After a few rings he picks it up.

"Lo, mate." I bend down to tie my laces up, locking my phone between my ear and my shoulder.

"Hello. Listen, you're right. Thanks." I hear Blake huff proudly and I roll my eyes. Blake seems like a brother. Always looking out for my sister and helping mum out at her flower shop and accompanying my dad at TESCO sometimes. He's family.

"Mhmm, thought you'd never thank me." I hear the sarcasm in his voice and again, I roll my eyes.

"Just be grateful I did. So shut up, let me talk. Where's Av?" I mean, Ava probably tells him everything. I hope not everything, but you know, almost everything. Yep.

I grab my keys and I walk over to the kitchen to find my mum's untouched tea. She forgets she makes them, all the time. I put it in the fridge and left her a note saying I went out and probably sleep at dad's place. Oh, and that her tea is in the fridge.

"Well, she's coming here today, so nothing to worry. " His voice softens, I stop and a thought hit me.

"Hey Lake, you don't happen to fancy my sister do you?" I smirk and walk out of my car.

He's silent for a while before he laughs, nervously may I add, "Hmm? What? No of course not. She's my best friend, Niall. Jesus. Besides, she has a boyfriend." He says boyfriend a little too quickly and I had to suppress the snort that was about to escape.

"So, if she didn't have a boyfriend?" I lock my way out and straight for my car.

"Jesus, shut up. I don't know what you're talking about. Go find Harry and I don't know. Leave me alone, you bully." Blake says, obviously flustered. I ignore the Harry part tho, mmm.

"Whatever, but anyway. Just curious, what's Ava's boyfriend's name?" He sighs.

"Dustin." He says, and it sounded a lot bitter. Maybe a little tease would be nice.

"Mate, you sound like you're jeal–"

"Bye, asshole." I laugh loudly and place my phone down before driving off to the mall where they're waiting for me.

*

"And she tells me to let her live? Her boyfriend is a prick for fuck sakes. Didn't even bother to cover or summat. Jesus, help me." I breathe heavily as I just finish telling them what happened. I did tell her I wouldn't tell them.

Louis looks at me, eyes wide and Harry and Liam are smiling like idiots thinking this funny.

"My sister's got a boyfriend too." Louis looks up and breathes in deeply. He shakes his head and munches on his chips. Liam laughs and Harry looks across me but I ignore him.

"It was so tense in the car." Liam laughs, his eye crinkling. Oh, what a puppy. "Fizzy was in the front and the poor kid was in between me and Harry and it was nice scaring the lad. He doesn't seem bothered though. Total ass, if you ask me." Liam says nonchalantly.

"He gets in and he doesn't greet or something. You know what he said to Louis?" I wait for Harry to continue, this is amusing, really. "Hey, mate. Can I drive?"