Chapter three: The Bear and the Bow

Start from the beginning

Noah grabbed a decently sized spear that wasn't too heavy, but I had my sights on a dark metal bow that was leaned on the wall at the bottom.

I gripped the center handle in my hand and the weight distribution between each side was perfect and it was a light weight, but heavy enough that it keeps your shot straight.

There were two quivers with a certain amount of arrows in each which was a good idea in order to save resources, but I dumped all the arrows of one into the other and hoisted it onto my back as I zipped up my jacket up to my chest.

"Now there's your bread and butter" Noah laughed as we left the building.

"Shut up, you're making me hungry."

****

~ Greyson ~

Dr. Greyson enjoyed every second of telling Mr. Stein about the possible result of an infinite power source.

Even though it was still only on a small scale, imagine if it could never run... "out of energy, never having to pay the light bill because it will never dissipate" Greyson bragged, finishing my thought with speech.

"Sounds impossible," Mr. Stein denied even though his face revealed that he was already considering the possibility of such sciences. "I'm not going to put funding into something that might work."

They were both standing now locked in an unintentional staring contest. Greyson walked to the desk and just about slammed one hand onto it.

"I'm not messing around here!" he shouted. "We could be talking a global revolution, shifting the way how we see the world!"

Stein came from around the desk and made the staring contest all the more intense. In his business suit, Stein looked him dead in the eye. "This is not a debate. I need much larger scale results before I put a dime into anything"

"Well isn't that dandy?" he growled. "We need the money in order to produce anything on a larger scale!"

Breaking the pressure, Stein walked past him in short strides with his hands holding them behind his back.

"Why don't you just get a lot of the stuff needed," He began to wave his right hand in the air to try a fill his lack of proper scientific terms. "and simply make it bigger?"

They both turned around from looking the opposite way and went for round two in the seeming life or death staring contest.

Greyson only turned halfway to look at Stein but eased into looking at him as he spoke. "I don't knowwhich second-grade science class you just came out of but this isn't like mixing Kool-Aid!" Greyson exploded. "You can't just add water to make it last longer; this is nuclear fusion on an entirely new level that your feeble mind couldn't possibly comprehend!"

The pure tension in the room could have melted gold. Stein slowly circled the room back to his desk and Greyson only moved his head to follow Stein's movements.

He took his seat back in his chair and crossed his hands on his desk and was visibly shaking off the insult my dad shoved in his face.

He took out his anger on a poor pencil as he smashed it in half with just one hand then crossed his hands back again on the desk, trying to appear 'civil'.

"Well if I'm so...feeble minded, then how on earth did I ever get authorization to do this?" He stood up and opened his mouth to presumably to show what 'this' is, but Greyson didn't let him.

"You're making a huge mistake!" he yelled before Stein could get a word out.

Stein stood up. "Oh, I know how this goes, ok, let me guess, 'And you're going to regret this!'" he mocked. "Could you be more cliché?"