Bloopers: Chapter 16 "No Ice!"

(alternate beginning)

No POV

"Mhm." groans Julie rolling over into her Mom, "Ughpff." Hope's eyes flutter open and slowly adjust to the almost non existent light in the room, an alarm clock that reads 2:09 in bright red block numbers.

"Jules?" mumbles Hope still not fully awake. She subconsciously pulls the younger girl closer to her. "Baby what's wrong?"

"My tummy hurts!" she whimpers back snuggling closer. Hope sighs and rubs her eyes before starting to slide out of the bed to get her some more pain medicine. "No." whines Julie grabbing at her shirt. "Don't go."

"I'm getting your meds babe. I'll be right back." explains Hope gently removing JJ's hands from her. Once she gets herself free she sluggishly slumps into the small bathroom to get her makeup bag which holds the ibuprofen. Before turning on the light she makes sure to shut the door completely to not to disturb the sleeping Carli Llyod on the other bed. Hope pours two of the pills into her palm and then flips the light back off and walks carefully back to the side of her bed. "JB, sit up baby girl. You've got to drink something." says Hope holding out the medicine as well as Julie's sprite from earlier that night. The tired blonde pitifully does as she's told and takes the pills before flopping back where she was.

"Mommy I want cuddles." demands Julie with a pout clearly visible even to Hope in the darkness. Hope smiles softly and climbs back into bed. She wraps her in a hug and rest her hands over JJ's stomach hoping the heat will help soothe her aches.