~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We finally arrived and Hendrix helped me out of the car. "So what are you getting, darling?" Tori always used her favorite nickname for me. "You'll see." I said sneakily. "Fine, we can wait." Hendrix said blocking my path with Tori helping him, backing him up. "Would you stop?" I said jokingly. "It's supposed to be a surprise." they didn't move. So, I kicked them both in the shins and walked around them. "You're a stubborn ass!" Tori cursed at me. "And you're a pain in the ass, welcome to the club." I joked back. "Oh, shut up and walk you two!" Hendrix playfully punched Tori in the arm. "Okay...let's do this!" I said slightly comprehensive. Then, we walked into the tattoo place ready to get this over with.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"So, what'd you get?!?" they asked simultaneously. "You'll see when we get home," I laughed and put my arms around their shoulders. "But-" Hendrix started. "No if's, and's, or but's." I joked. "Fine mom..." Tori teased. "Let's go before I kill you!" I teased Tori, then got into the car. Then, we headed off.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Will you show us now?" Hendrix said for the hundredth time. "Fine." I sighed, then I unwrapped the tattoo on my wrist, then the one on my forearm. "Wait...what does that one mean?" Tori was pointing to my wrist where I had a sun on the left, a moon on the right, and an infinity sign in the middle with an 'H' on one side of the infinity sign and an 'A' on the other. "That's representing my love for Hendrix: from the moon to the sun and back," I said embarrassed that this was the way I was telling Hendrix yes. "Wait...does that mean?" Hendrix couldn't finish his sentence. "Always and forever," I smiled widely. Then, he hugged me and kissed me. Tori beamed and couldn't even say how happy she was. "So wait...what does the other one mean?" Hendrix asked curiously. "It means I'm a little broken from my childhood, but everything even a heart can be fixed." I said in explanation. "That's sweet." Tori said affectionately and hugged me. Then Hendrix joined in on the hug and next thing you know we're a pile of limbs on the ground, laughing up a storm. "I love you guys!" I laughed then winced in pain trying to get up. "Don't push yourself, come on. To bed you go." Hendrix then picked me up and carried me off without warning. "But dad!" I joked. He and Tori just laughed. Tori said her good byes and left, then Hendrix came and laid down. We peacefully fell asleep.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Where are you?!?" yelled a voice I knew all too well. I will not say a word because I'm hiding in the wardrobe and I know she's right outside. "Now, now, I'm not going to hurt you...this time." that's what she said last time she had the knife. I'm. Fucking. Screwed. I crawl slowly as far back into my closet hoping that she won't have her glasses on. Then, the closet door creaked open. "I'm going to get you!" she was laughing hysterically. "No-no,...no." I sat upright abruptly, but was careful not to wake Hendrix. I went to the kitchen and got myself water, the I sat down and stared at the clock; the horrible nanny's words repeating in my head. 4:30 a.m. Why? I knew no one would be up except for security so I got dressed and went on an early morning walk through the city. "Good morning Alexandra!" said my favorite teacher Ms. Lillian Crane. Ms. Crane taught 'weapons training' for all levels. She was a sweetheart with a lethal side. "Up so early?" she said with some concern. "Just couldn't sleep, thank you for your concern Ms. Crane." I replied happy to see her. "Have a good walk honey, I will see you around," I smiled at her then turned to walk off. "Oh...wait Alexandra dear?" she called after me. "Would you come to my classes tomorrow and do some demonstrations with me?" she was completely serious and I'm flattered. "Of course Ms. Crane, I would be honored." I said surprised. "I'm looking forward to it deary!" she smiled at me. "I will be there." I laughed. I continued to walk out of the apartment complex and into the courtyard. It's a beautiful morning and walk slowly through the dewy grass, but then someone whispered to me from behind, "You like walks, huh?" the I elbowed them in the side and when they tried to fight back I caught their hand and flipped them to the ground. "Fucking hell...I'm not here to hurt ya...I'm Lukas, Lukas James. I want to help you, and so does my organization." he said cockily and flashed me a smile. "Al Dover...your organization?" I helped him up fairly confused. "I'll explain. Walk with me?" he asked with a charming smile. "Why not? After you? I said waiting for him to lead the way. "If you say so..." he said grabbing my wrist and breaking into a sprint pulling me behind him. "What the hell are you doing?" I exclaimed trying to get away from the death grip he had on my arm. "Just getting away so we can talk freely...cameras everywhere." he muttered. "Will you at least loosen the death grip on my arm?" I asked annoyed. So, he slid his hand into mine and continued to run. I reluctantly  held his hand and followed through empty alley ways and busy streets alike. "Almost there," he flashed me that charming smile, no wonder I agreed to this. "okay secret agent Lukas." I teased him and he laughed revealing a silver tongue piercing. "Welcome to Paradise, it's not that much but it's home..." he said holding the door for me to enter and following me in. It was amazing. It was a high ceilinged  warehouse with people working, eating, relaxing. The, I saw a face I knew all too well. "Alex? You knew about this Alex Deane?" I said as he walked over to me. "Yeah...Hey Lukas your brother needs you." he said scratching the back of his head. "Tell Ben I'll talk to him later. Okay? We," he said gesturing to me, "have to talk..." We continued to walk, my hand still in his. Lukas seems to be the boss around here, everyone nods or says a hello as we passed. We went farther and farther into the winding maze of hallways until there was barely anyone around. "Here we are...step into my office?" he says with that smile of his. So, I nod and walk in and I can barely see. He walks in, closes the door and turns on the lights. "A little blind are we?" he says pulling out a chair, at a rather ornale desk, for me. I sit, completely confused, as he walks around the desk and sits in the nice chair behind it. "So, I as leed you here because I know you need us. We want to rebel against the organization that captured and tried to kill you. I want in on your trip to the promised land." he said leaning across the desk towards me. Then, someone barged into the room and I knew his face and name, but his 'brother' knew him as Ben. "Ben, what the hell are you doing man? She was just about to agree!" he said annoyed by him just barging in. "Al? What the fuck, you brought her here?" said Ash in reply. Ashton Benjamin Dover was my very distant cousin, but we were still family, we were still close. Why did he keep this from me so long? No, he didn't have a brother but this must've been what Lukas and Ash's(Ben's) bond was like, "So you're Ben now, Ashton?" I teased him and he laughed and we hugged. "You know each other?" Lukas looked at us confused. "She's a Dover, man, and so am I! We're family, Lukas, you know this!" he said disappointed in his "brother". "Well, actually I didn't. I thought your last name was Grover man," he said embarrassed.