[4]

[4]

     It felt like a miracle when I found out we both applied for jobs in the same department. Fortuitous almost.

     If we were in the same department, I would have an infinite amount of faultless excuses for talking to him. Though even so, I was still able to have a decent conversation with him even if we hadn't even received our jobs.

     I reminisced some of the most unnecessary conversations we had but it is one of the things I treasure most. Some went like:

     "Hi. What's your name again?" I asked skeptically.

     "Gris." He paused for a second, "Your's?" My heart gambolled.

     "Annie, but you can call me An. Everyone calls me An. So I like to be called An better. Ha-ha." I said discursively.

     He gave me a weird look. His lips were mixed between a smile and a frown while one of his brown eyebrows arched and was slightly hiding behind his hair. I gulped uncomfortably.

     "So, um, I heard you're applying for a job in the Sales and Marketing department." I began to shuffle in fraught, entwining and untwining my perspiring fingers under the office desk.

     "Hm. Yeah." He replied almost absentmindedly.

     I willed myself to gaze and lose myself in his azure eyes. Though when I saw his eyes, I couldn't lose myself. I was so captivated by the forlorn gleam in his eyes that my mind was only aware of that one detail.

     They had a phlegmatic edge to it. And it was like he didn't care what happened in the future.

     He was an ennui.