Chapter 2 ~ Play My Cards Right...

"Sierra?.. That's a pretty name" Derrick said swinging one of his arms over my shoulder. "So, do you want to hang around, or do you still need to go?" he asked. I placed my finger on my lips as if to think and waited a few seconds.

"I think hangin' with you would be more fun, so nope, don't need to go." I smiled up to him.

"Great! So, do you want to go try out my dad's new prototype?" he asked with a glint in his milky brown eyes.

"Sure!" I jumped up and smiled. His friends kept laughing at how i was acting.

"Maybe you should introduce her to your dad?" one of the guys said, which made them laugh anymore. While Derrick rubbed the back of his neck.

"Guys, you know i can't. Remember the last time he met a girl that was hanging out with me?" he asked which made all the dudes freeze up.

"What did he do?" I asked with a confused look.

"Don't worry about it cute stuff. Let's go check out the prototype." he then quickly grabbed my hand and started to drag me towards the stage. As we made our way through the crowd i saw Brett with a bottle of water and his surfing suit half off so you could see his bare chest with its chiseled six pack. He was talking to a bunch of girls, but from the glint in his eyes he was getting annoyed, when he spotted me. The look of concern shone through his eyes when they saw Derrick dragging me along. But i just smiled and waved at him.

We quickly passed him and went behind the stage where a large tent was, along with two body guards. "Derrick." One huffed.

"Just showing my friends the prototype, won't be long in there." He smiled and slightly shoved his way in, pulling me right on his heels. When we entered there was a large device in the center, along with at least ten workers, and several body guards scattered about. And right in front of the big device stood a man in a black tux. As soon as Derrick spotted the man in the tux he quickly turned around and tried to rush me out. But the guards from outside came and blocked our way.

"Sir, Derrick is here, and he brought a friend." the guard sneered the last part in my face.

"Son, who is this?" A deep voice sounded from behind us.

"Just a friend dad, nothing to freak out about." Derrick started to stutter, his hands growing tighter on my wrist. I turned around and stared Mr. Davidson in the eye. The guy my mission revolves around.

"Son, i told you not to talk to any girls."

"It's not my fault they are attracted to me." Derrick huffed.

"It's your fault for leading them on. Now get rid of her." Mr. Davidson yelled. Derrick groaned and turned around.

"Let's go Sierra." he then took me off guard by kissing my forehead. Then i heard a sharp intake of air and realized what was going on. Derrick was using me to get on his dads nerves.

"Son, you leave, she stays."

"No, whatever you have to say to her you can say in front of me." Derrick swung his arm over shoulder and pulled me closer. Definitely could say i was getting annoyed, but who knew, maybe if i played my cards right here i could get everything my organization needs.