CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

Start from the beginning

Kyle knew I had to go to the hospital to meet Mel and in order for that, Brandon had to be asleep as directed by Nick.

"Let's go boys and get you something to eat." I said and took all three of them to the kitchen with me. 

"Morning Rose!" I greeted once I entered the kitchen.

"Morning honey!" She greeted back with her evergreen smile.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her.

Rose had a stomach bug. So, I had given her an off to take rest.

"Very well." She answered and looked at the three little boys.

"Who is this little prince?" She asked looking towards Brandon.

"You remember my friends Melissa and Nick?" I asked and she nodded.

"He is their son." I answered.

"That's unbelievable! As far as I remember, they were ready to kill each other at every chance they got." She said amazed wiping the pan she just washed.

"I know right!" I said in agreement.

"Paisley, somebody had come this morning and dropped these off." Rose said and pointed towards the bags kept in the corner.

I walked towards the bags and peeked inside them. The bags consisted of things that would be required for Brandon.

I took out his foldable high chair and set it for him to sit on it.

Once everything was done, the three boys settled down for breakfast.

"Can I have some ice cream, mom?" Noah asked after eating a little portion of this cheese and mushrooms.

"Yes, please!" Ryder and Brandon pleaded.

"Okay." I agreed making them smile widely.

"Morning Rose!" Kyle said entering the kitchen in a hurry buttoning up the side buttons of his crisp black shirt.

"Morning." She replied and handed him his coffee.

"All set?" I asked him taking a bite of my toast.

"Yeah. I am just running late!" He said and quickly gulped down the last contents of his coffee.

"Relax. The court isn't too far away from the house." I said.

"I know, but still." He said wiping his mouth with the napkin and got up to leave.

"I'll see you in the evening." He said dropping a kiss on my forehead.

"Yeah. All the best!" I wished and walked with him towards the door.

"Thanks, love." He said and rushed out of the door.

Closing the door behind him I went inside to the kitchen where the boys were enjoying their scoop of chocolate ice-cream.

...............................

At exactly 4pm the doorbell rang indicating Kyle's arrival.

I took my bag with me and ran down the stairs in a rush to leave the house.

"Hey!" Kyle said as I opened the door.

"Hey. How was court?" I asked.

"Great. I won them all." Kyle said and moved inside the house.

"Fabulous!" I said.

"Listen, Kyle, the boys are off to sleep they won't wake before an hour or two. If you need anything for the kids ask Rose, she has just gone to the market to get some stuff. I'll get going now." I told him, in a hurry to leave.