LIVING LOVE

"Jamie, come. I'll tuck you into bed now." I called out to my son who was playing Lego on the floor.

"Wait mommy, I'm almost done building a fire truck." Jamie whimpered as he continues to stick the Lego blocks together.

"Then, want me to read you a bedtime story?" I asked him, all the while picking up the scattered toys on the floor.

"Hmm, okay then." he answered, helping to pick up his toys and putting them in the box.

I tucked him to bed and started to read from a story book. "Once there were three bears living in the forest..."

"Mommy, can you tell me another story, not Goldilocks and the Three Bears?" he perked up, closing the book on my lap and putting it on the bedside table.

"What about Daddy and Mommy's love story?" I asked him.

He bobbed his head up and down, "Okay, tell me that one."

"One beautiful evening, Daddy sneaked into Mommy's bedroom and asked if I want to marry him." I began.

"What was your answer?" he asked, totally interested.

"Well, of course I said yes." I whispered into his ear, making him giggle. "But at that time, your grandfather was against us getting married."

"Dada hates my Daddy?" he asked, his forehead creased with worry.

"At that time yes, but we're okay now. Daddy and Mommy left the house that night though we have no idea where to go or what to do." I continued with my story. "Then after a week, Dada found us. We were staying at a house in the outskirts of town, life was not easy but we were happy."

"What did you do then? I bet Dada got mad at you and Daddy." he said knowingly.

"Wow, you're smart." I laughed at his words. "He did get mad, but then he asked us to go back home. He consented on us getting married."

"Awesome!" he said energetically.

"Then... we had you. You are our angel, Jamie." I said, patting his head. "Okay, that's the end of Mommy's story. Time to sleep."

*knock*knock*

"Katherine?"

"Daddy!" Jamie screamed, jumping out of his bed and into his father's arms. "Mommy told me a bedtime story."

"What story?" Robert asked, tucking Jamie back to bed.

"About you and Mommy when you ran from home, and Dada too." he proudly answered.

"Ahh, that story. I remembered it so well." Robert laughed.

"Good night, Jamie" I said, kissing him on the forehead.

"Good night, Mommy. Good night, Daddy." Jamie answered.

Robert held out his hand to me and we walked to the door. "Romeo and Juliet, aren't we? He asked, kissing me on the cheek.

"I guess we are."