HEY, YOU!

It was past eight in the evening, and now that the school was closed, I have nowhere else to go besides our house. I haven't slept a wink since yesterday and I feel like planet earth is tumbling down on me. I sauntered groggily towards the city park, walking like a zombie, and not even caring to watch my steps.

"Aaahhhh!!!" My head was spinning, and I am falling like crazy. I pushed my hands in front of me to brace myself for the fall. I can feel the air current pass through me, as if slowing down my falling pace. I let a squeal escape from my mouth.

Just as my body was inches from the ground, strong arms wrapped around my waist. I had the urge to shout, I was frantic, not wanting to turn around, afraid of what my uninvited guest might do to me if I move even just a muscle. I can feel my heart beating loudly against my chest. The panic was rising up my throat, is he my savior? No. My assailant? Most likely.

I remembered my lessons on self-defense, and as the moves flashed before my eyes, I grinned sheepishly. I never thought that I'll even have the chance to use those. Without considering any odds, I grabbed his arms, pushed them off me, and as I wheeled around to face my assailant, I extended my right arm and aimed for his face. My victory!

In a split of a second, the black figure stumbled backwards, his right hand cupping his jaw where my punch connected.

"Hey, you! How did you like that punch, huh?!" I raised an eyebrow at him, folding my arms across my chest. I can sense him glaring at me, but when he didn't talk back, I turned on my heel and started to walk away.

I was already a few feet away when he grabbed me by the shoulder and spun me around to face him. His face was mere inches from my own, and I can actually smell his minty breath. I can't help but stare right at his emerald green eyes, the moonlight making them even more tantalizing. My eyes trailed to his perfectly chiselled jaw, then to his lips. Some blood were still visible at the corner of his mouth, and I absentmindedly sucked my lower lip.

"Hey, you? Is that how you address someone who just saved your ass?" he asked, a cunning smirk appearing on his perfect face. I was jolted back to reality by his arrogant remark. I rolled my eyes at him.

"And you even had the guts to roll your eyes at me." he laughed mockingly, his dimples showing on both cheeks. His smile was temptingly sweet, making you wanna kiss him.

Yuck. What the hell was I thinking?!

"What do you want?" I snapped at him.

"A 'thank you', maybe? No. At this point, just a 'thank you' won't satisfy me." he chuckled, and before I can say anything, he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. My initial reaction was to break free, but when his warm breath brushed against my lips, my eyes snapped shut.

Is he going to kiss me? If so, this will be my first kiss. Seconds passed, and when nothing happened, I forced my eyes open and I saw him staring at me with a wide grin plastered on his face. Ugh. This is so embarassing. I pushed him away from me, I can see in his eyes that he was trying not to laugh.

"You know what? I thought there was this spark that I felt and that maybe I liked you, but when you did something stupid like that, I wish I have known better." I sighed and walked past him.

"Sorry." I heard him say as I passed by. I didn't bother to look back, I was so mad at what he did that when he grabbed my hand, I raised the other to slap him.

But his eyes says something more, making me stop in midair.

"I think I like you too." and before I can respond, he pulled me closer and stole my first kiss.