Confessions Of Love (2)

"My story? You say it as if we're in some kind of TLC reality show" exclaimed Akaashi with a gentle laugh. They had been lying on the couch for almost an hour. By this time dawn was breaking wide open however due to the storm outside no one actually noticed. Bokuto was laying down on the sofa and Akaashi was squashed between his boyfriend and the couch cushion. Bokuto's arm passed from under the little guy's neck and made its way to the back of  Akaashi's head, stroking his hair ever so gently in the process. The rain was tapping and slamming itself outside their window, ready to enter whenever it had the chance. Despite this, no one could disturb the euphoric state they were in, especially Akaashi because truth be told, he hadn't felt that happy in months. 

Despite this, their untouchable euphoric moment was soon interrupted by Bokuto himself. "Ah shit, i need to pee. I think i drank way to much coffee for one night. Babe give me a minute i really need to go" Bokuto stood up in a hurry and ran to the bathroom, leaving a pouting Akaashi back in the living room. Now that he was alone, even if it was for a few minutes, the boy could close his eyes and think about whatever he wanted without any interruption. "This was definitely the weirdest night of my life" he thought, yawning in the process. However after a few moments of silence another thought popped up in his head. "Oh damn, I haven't really given any explanation to Kou. Its not like it's going to effect him in one way or another but that guy's really curious about stuff. Curiosity kills the cat? More like curiosity kills the owl." 

His thoughts were soon cut short by the footsteps that were approaching the living room. "Damn, I really~ needed that!" Bokuto exclaimed as he slammed himself on the sofa once again, squashing the younger one between the sofa and his own body. Suddenly, as if reading his thoughts, Bokuto said "Akaa-chan, baby, is there something you want to say to me~?" Akaashi repositioned himself and said with a chuckle "You're a really sly person aren't you, you little shit?"  

"Okay then, Kou..can I call you Kou?" "Oh yeah sure why not" said Bokuto, taken a bit aback. "Where should i start from? Okay i got it" he mumbled to himself. "Since my years in middle school there was this period where I was starting to question my sexuality. At that point in time, I had never dated anyone nor have I ever kissed anyone, be it of the opposite sex or not, so I wasn't really in a position to confirm anything.  However the only thing I was sure about was that I always felt that I preferred guys rather than girls. It wasn't that I was never attracted to a girl..but I felt as if guys were better for me. So up to my third year of middle school I was leading a swift single life and I just pushed everything aside. It kind of changed  when that girl, the one you were friends with, showed up in my life. I was somewhat confused about what was going to happen. I mean she was a year older than me so it felt weird to be asked out by her. Well, since she had asked me out, I decided to go out with her. I mean, I was never involved with anyone so I thought i'd give it a shot. And after all she was pretty cute, I have to admit. I don't think I ever told you this but during the period that I spent dating her, we used to talk about you for the majority of the time. In the beginning I was wondering why I was still going out with her, but as time passed I realised I was only interested in her because of the conversations we had about you. We used to talk about you so much that I even knew that your birthday's in September when I didn't even know hers. I started craving you without actually knowing who you were. For a short period of time I was quite the emotional wreck to tell you the truth" said Akaashi with a sigh. He paused to catch his breath.As he looked over to Bokuto, his eyes were locked on him. Akaashi had never seen his friend concentrate like this, apart from the times when they were during a match or practice.

 He continued "You know how that part ended..well she stopped talking to me after a while just like you said. The funny thing is that I spent the rest of the year wanting to talk to you and eventually befriend you. When we were first introduced at that party I swear it was the best thing ever" Akaashi admitted with a blush. "You were so cute, like your girlfriend had just broken up with you and yet you were joining in and making jokes..I felt so attracted to you at that moment! To be honest with you i still really can't believe that we've been friends for all this time. Heck we're even roommates and teammates!" He looked over at Bokuto. His face was as it was before however Bokuto's face displayed the largest smirk Akaashi had ever seen. "You were right, they're quite similar our 'stories'. I don't regret not talking to you before because most probably things wouldn't have turned out as they did right?." After saying that, Bokuto seemed as if he was going to get up but as soon as he got off the sofa, he felt his shirt getting pulled. "Bokuto..can you hear me out a bit longer, i'm not finished." "Oh really? Sorry dear." said Bokuto as he repositioned himself back on the sofa.

"To be honest Kou-chan, everything is still just a huge question mark but I just want to say that for now i'll just focus on you and me. You know, on us" said Akaashi as his face turned into different scales of crimson. "I'm not really a touchy feely person but I feel like I have to do this." Akaashi stood with his knees under his butt so that he made direct eye contact with Bokuto. Once their eyes met he said "Bokuto Koutaro..I'm super glad that you're in my life and I can never thank you enough! "He took a huge deep breath and added "I lo-" However before he could continue his sentence, Bokuto squealed, leaped into his boyfriend's arms and pulled him into a long and passionate hug. "Akaashi I honestly never thought i'd hear you say this oh my gosh! I, too, am super duper glad that you're in my life man! Like you make everyday so much better. If you're not there, who am I going to force to compliment me?" laughed Bokuto. "I'm sorry I cut you in the middle of what you were saying. I love you too. And I mean it" he said as he embraced his boyfriend again and kissed him deeply.

A/N: Oh god that took so long I apologise. Exams are finally over! To be honest with you all I tried writing during exam period (which was super fcking long) and I brainstormed a little bit but it wasn't working out </3 so I decided to wait till I was done with everything a focus on this. I am not too sure yet but i'm thinking of concluding this short story maybe in the next chapter or the one after that, and focus on an other one because i'd rather make a short story with good quality rather than a long one that's crap. Let's face it, this one is based solely on one night so it can't be that long i guess. I was thinking about going with the classic 'haikyuu character x reader' but I have some ideas i'm quite excited about. If you have any suggestions or comments, feel free to let me know. I actually like criticism. Thank you all for the being amazing! I love you all and I hope you will continue to enjoy my writing! :D

(I tried my best I hope its okay cause my writing got kind of rusty because of the time I spent not writing! I wasn't gonna finish the chapter like this but i'm a sucker for fluff <3)