chapter 1

Jody
My alarm went off letting me know it's time get up and get ready for school. Seems like I just went to sleep. Yep I had to work at the club last night and it was packed. Money flying everywhere. I love it and hate it at the same time.

Anyway, I got up and turned in the shower and while the water was heating up I brushed my teeth and shaved. Then i hopped in and let the hot water relax every muscle I have. As I washed with axe chocolate body wash, I was thinking I need to hit up the gym before I get my princess next week. I'm worried, something going on with Ria (baby mama). I still talk to my daughter on the phone, I mean she two. She talk I listen. I just say yeap and OK cuz a nigga have no idea what she be saying,lol.

When I talked to her two days ago, Ria I mean, she seemed slurish and tired. IDK maybe she tired. I hate going over there but I need to check and make sure everything good. My baby girl lay her head there, know what I mean.

I cut my thoughts short when the water started getting cold. I hoped out and dried off. Wrapping a towel around my waist. I walked in my closet to pull out a grey top and black trues and grey timbs. I set it all on the bed and lotions my body and put on my boxers and socks, then I got dressed.

I walked down stairs to the kitchen and grabbed a bagel put it in the toaster and once it popped up I put strawberry cream cheese on it and fixed me some oj. As I ate I looked thru my IG LMAO at nochill clips. Once I was done I washed and put everything up. I grabbed my bag and opened the door by stopped in my tracks at the sight I saw.

My daughter was balled up on my doorstep sleep. Oh god I pray she just sleep. I went to wake her up and she wasn't waking up. I noticed a small bruise on her forehead. I picked her up locked my house and sped to the er.

When we arrived I ran in screaming for help. The nurses took her and carried her little body to the back. Wth is going? My baby just two. How did she, who left her? I don't sleep hard. Nobody knocked. Where is Ria ass. I tried to call her and she wasn't answering. I just want to knock her fuxking head off.

All I could do was pace back and forth. Lord please let my baby be OK. My thoughts were cut short by cops approaching me. I already knew this was coming. God please don't let them try and take my baby.

"Hello sorry, I'm officer Tucker, the nurses said you're the man that brought in a little girl that was unconscious?"
"yes sir, that's my daughter. I was heading to school and she was on my doorstep"
" do you know the whereabouts of her mother? "
"no sir, I called her but she not answering"
"I need y'all names and contact information."

I have him my info and Ria"s info. I just pray Jiah (Jay-ah) is OK. Lord please heal my baby. Being in school to be a doctor, all the possibilities of what could be going on is killing me.

"family of Jiah Banks"
"I'm here I'm her father"
"well it's seems she had a bruise on her back and it looks as if she hit her head also, and her temp was low and we wrapped her in warming blankets to get it to rise."
"is she going to be OK, she wasnt Ummmm, touched or anything "
"the doctor will do that examination when we get her stable. She is responding. Matter of fact I see the examination doctor coming this way I'll come. Back and update you on the report."
"thank you"

I went and sat back down. I put my head in my hands and cried. She let someone beat my baby or either she is. I swear she will never get my daughter again. I see the doctor that I was speaking to come back towards me.

"good news she hasn't been sexually abused, but it does seem someone has been beating her. She has a burn mark under her arm that looks about a week old"

As she was speaking the officer came back.

"we will be keeping her for a couple of days to monitor. When you get thru with the officers you can come back and see her. She's in room 256"
"thank you, thank you so much"

The doctor walked off and I turned to the officer.

"yes sir"
"how often do you go the child? "
"I get her, well I suppose to get her every other week for a week, but I hadn't seen her in a week and half. Her mom promised me I could get her next Monday"
"well tomorrow a social worker will be here to talk to you. We sent officers to the address and it was no answer. We will try again tomorrow, but if you hear from Mrs graves before us please let us know"
"yes sir I will, thank you for everything"
"you are welcome, have a good day sir"
"you too"

They walked off and I headed toy baby girl room. I walked in she was wrapped up like a mummy. She was resting peacefully. I kissed her forehead as I looked at Iv's, ekg machines, and blood pressure cuffs hooked up to her. This shit is crazy. I should have checked earlier. I-I, I need to talk to Ria. I walked out the hospital heading to my car and heading to Ria's house.

I used my key and walked in and turn on the light and the sight I saw made me hella sick. She was sucking a nigga up while the other was fucking her, on the table was needles and a line of drugs. I didn't even say shit. I walked out closed the door and called the officer. In the 30 minutes they were there arresting everyone while I made the report so they would have it concerning my daughter. Well looks like I got my baby completely now. It's gone be hard, but reality hit me....

I'm a single dad..............
**************************

Hello my beautiful butterflies. I know y'all been waiting and guess what?! Yep I started the book.

This is the first chapter. I hope you liked it.

Well whatcha thinking?

Ria ass, SMH.

Po baby Jiah 😢

Jody a single dad now....

well y'all know the drill. Enjoy, vote, comment, and share. Love you all. Muah 💋😘