"I wonder why?" Dad asks, looking at Hattie likes she's a puzzle that he needs to figure out.

"I wonder what?" Hattie asks, waking up from her nap.

Hattie's P.O.V

"I wonder what?" I ask, waking up from my nap, from my first shift to practicing my dance, I was super tired. "What?" I ask again, looking at Daxton.

"We wonder why you didn't freak out." A man says, looking me in the eyes, he has the same eyes as Daxton but a little bit darker, he had the same black hair as Daxton, a strong look in his eye tells me that he has power, somewhere, during sometime.

'He's a Alpha so try not to make us look bad.' Snow answers my question.

'Cool.' I add and look at him again, a scar runs from below the temple and to the jaw bone, not knowing what a Alpha is.

"I don't know why I didn't freak out, but I think it's cool." I add, happily, trying to sit up in Daxton arms.

"Well that's good." A lady with dark brown hair and light blue eyes, just like Daxton's eyes and his hair, she looks to be about 30, 35 at the oldest.

"Dax, who are those people?" I whisper in his ear, but I think they heard me.

"Oh, I forgot that you didn't know." Daxton says as it hits. "Hattie this is my mom-"

"I'm Evarline Arnold, Daxton's mother and Luna if this pack till Daxton and you can take over." Evarline says, her light blue eyes fill with excitement. "Oh, I can just tell that we're going to be the best of friends." She adds, clapping her hands in excitement and joy.

"And this is my da-"

"I'm Cas Arnold, Daxton's father and the alpha of this pack till Daxton can take over." Cas says, looking me in the eye, I can see that he doesn't care for me.

"Dax, where's my sister?" I ask, suddenly scared, she would he the only one in the house expect the maids and the bulter.

"At your home, why?" He asks, noticing my nervous state.

"Oh no! Please tell me she can come here! She's home alone and if she gets hurt or worse I would ne-"

"Shh. Don't worry I will see if Cassie will bring her over tomorrow." He whispers in my ear.

"Do you guys have an area where I can dance?" I ask, dancing has always made me feel better when I'm scared or worried.

"Yeah." Evarline answers, getting up. "Follow me." She adds, waving her hand.

"Bye, Dax." I say, kissing his cheek again.

"Bye." He says, grabbing my hand not wanting me to leave, but he lets go.

Evar and I walk through the mansion that's like  a maze, finding the dance room with Evarline.

Daxton's P.O.V

"Dad, please tell me you like her?" I ask once they get out of ear shot.

"Son, I think you should hide her, let the pack think that you don't have a mate and then say Charlie Micheals is your mate." Dad suggests, running a hand through his hair.

Charlie is the best female pack warrior, I get way Dad wants me to say she's my mate, she's strong, beautiful, everything Dad thinks Hattie isn't.

"Dad, I'm not going to do that." I answer, through clenched teeth, balling my fists up, trying to control my temper.

"Why not? Charlie is everthing your little mate isn't." Dad asks, lightly.

"Dad, that's my mate, I'm not giving up on her. She may be new to this, but with some training and lessons she would be the prefect Luna for this pack." I answer, staying true to Hattie with all my heart.

"Fine, but when your pack falls down and rogues attack don't expect me to help you." Dad says, walking up to me, I stand up, I'm 6'4 and my dad is 5'10 short for a Alpha if you ask me.

"Don't you dare talk about my mate that way ever again." I say, lowly, a growl rips out of my chest, I feel Rocco trying to push through and kill my dad, but we can't have that happening.

'Let me get him I'll rip to shreds for talking about mate like that!' Rocco growls, pacing.

'Rocco, calm down we'll find a way to make him pay just not right now.' I answer, trying to make Rocco calm down.

A.N

I know you love me!! Sorry for not updating it took awhile to put this chappy together. But *claps hands together* I hope you liked it! Trust me, what the dad said is for something, he's not just being a bad dad or anything like that.

Love ya,

Shelby

VOTE COMMENT SHARE