6

It's Christmas Eve today which means me and Daddy are going Christmas shopping, joking. I'm going with Severus so I don't see what Daddy buys me although we are meeting him in Hogsmeade as I need to buy him a present first. I got him some potion ingredients, cauldron cakes and I got him this fascinating snake keyring, it matches a charm which I now have on my bracelet but apparently if one of us is in danger, scared or any other negative emotion the other one will glow a Slytherin green colour. 

I hand the bag of Severus's presents to Daddy then we wait outside the joke shop to meet Severus. 

"Right, where to?" Severus asks whilst looking ahead of us as soon as Daddy leaves

The first thing I buy Daddy is a wolf stuffed animal like Moony except it's grey, Severus seemed to of found this very amusing for some reason. Putting that aside I end up getting him chocolate, a lot of chocolate and I get him some cardigans, he seems to always wear the same grey one all the time. 

When we get back to the castle I hide all my presents under the bed then I start to play with my toys until it's time to go for dinner. 

Next Day 

"DADDY WAKE UP IT'S CHRISTMAS" I yell as I jump on the bed 

"I'm awake, watch you don't fall"

"You need your eyes open to be awake silly" I laugh as I jump and cross my legs so I land sat down 

"There you go" He chuckles opening his eyes and sitting up 

"Merry Christmas Daddy" I smile and hug him

"Merry Christmas Little one, I'm assuming you want your presents?"

I nod my head yes and get off the bed pulling on his arm to get him to hurry up. We reach the living room and there are lots of presents under the tree. I sit down and look at them all neatly wrapped in bright colours except one that's dark green. Severus. I hand Daddy his presents and watch whilst smiling as he opens them then it's finally my turn. 

An hour and lots of wrapping paper later I have opened all my presents, I had so many toys and sweets. Daddy got me a wolf charm for my bracelet which looks to everyone looks like a wolf but to me it looks exactly like Daddy in wolf form. He got me other things too but the charm was my favourite. 

Dinner

"Did you like your present?"I smile at Severus

"I did thank you"

"I got the same look" I show him the charm on my bracelet "If one of us is feeling negative emotions it will glow on the other to let them know. Thank you for my present too I really like it"

"You're Welcome" 

It's strange in here as so many students are at home for the holidays, it's so quiet. The twins aren't even here causing trouble, not that their pranks are being missed. 

I sit there quietly eating my pudding as I stare into the bowl, I want my Mummy. It's my first Christmas without her. 

"Gabbi? What's wrong sweetheart?" Daddy asks once he notices I'm not babbling away annoying Severus as usual 

"I'm just missing Mommy" 

"I'm sure you'll here from her soon" 

"I hope so"

As if on cue a black owl with a tint of blue in the light flies in with an envelope and drops it on my lap and leaves. I look at it and smile, I know that writing. 

"It's Mummy" I cheer as I open it then I sit on Daddy's lap so he ca read it to me. 

"Dear Gabrielle, 

Merry Christmas sweetheart, I hope you have had a good day. I'm sure you have and are loving it being at Hogwarts, Please say you haven't fallen for any of Peeves tricks, his trick step is the worse. 

I'm sorry I can't see you but I have a necklace I made for you in the bottom of the envelope. 

I love you so much and I promise when I can I will come and see you. 

Love you forever and always, 

Mum x" 

I look in the envelope and pull out a necklace it's like a tear drop with arose inside it. I smile and hand it to Daddy who puts it on for me then I move back to my own seat and add more chocolate pudding into my bowl. 

This is a good Christmas