3

I look on the calendar in the kitchen and smile "Daddy it's a full moon tonight"

I love full moons as I get to shift into a wolf and it's so much fun being able to run around and basically act like a dog. I frown when I remember that Daddy wasn't born being a werewolf so the shift hurts for him. 

"I'll help you" I smile as I climb up and sit on the counter 

he smiles and kisses my head as he continue to prepare making food, "After we've eaten we will have to go into the basement"

"Why not outside? there's a forest"

"it isn't safe. I'm sorry if you got to run around in a forest at your mother's house but here you have to be in the basement" 

I nod ok and eat some of the carrots pieces which he just cut up causing him lightly tap my hand away as I go to pick up another piece. I laugh and climb back off the counter and go back into the living room to play with my toys. 

"Gabbi, food will be done in 30 minutes so tidy your toys and wash your hands"

"Yes Daddy" 

I take all my toys upstairs to my room putting them away properly for once instead of dumping them in the corner. I tuck Moony into bed and kiss him goodbye. After food it will be time, that nervous feeling is starting to set in now. I've never experienced this with another person person other than Mummy around before, speaking of her I thought she would've visited or wrote a letter for me knowing the full moon is approaching. Pushing those thoughts away I go to the bathroom and wash my hands then I go downstairs and sit in my usual seat. We both eat in silence then I go to feed the bunnies whilst Daddy washes up and I stand by the door to the basement with a smile on my face. He smiles back and we finally make our way down the stairs. 

It's very basic down here, just a load of blankets and cushions to make a bed in the corner and a rug in the middle, where's the dog toys? I had dog toys to play with when I shift but I forgot to get them from my bag in my room and it's too late now. I look at the clock and as soon as it strikes the hour the familiar feeling takes over my body, I sit there in silence focusing on rainbows and daisies not knowing Daddy is having the complete opposite happening to him. Once I'm fully shifted I walk over to Daddy who looks at me funny but then licks my head. I climb over him and nibble his ears playfully and I run off to the other side of the room. he comes over so I quickly run off in a different direction creating a game of tag, this is way more fun than playing with dog toys. After god knows how many hours of playing I collapse on the rug and let out a yawn before my eyes decides to fall asleep.  

The following morning I get woken up by a very tired looking Daddy, I get up and go to have a bath and get change. Daddy is in bed cause apparently shifting makes him more tired so I go downstairs and play with my toys in the living room quietly. 

"Hey little one, why didn't you wake me up?" Daddy speaks after about 3 hours walking into the room

"You needed your rest"

"What about your breakfast?"

"I wasn't hungry, I can't eat breakfast after a shift it makes me sick" 

He nods ok and goes into the kitchen to do himself a drink or some food I'm assuming. I tidy all my toys up and put them away properly then I sit on my bed as I look around my room. I think that shift was good, I had another wolf to play with. I'm excited for the next one.