Chapter 1

Don't forget to read the questions at the end!

Chapter 1: Where The Seed Grows

I pulled my shades up and over my head, staring at the store manager with cold, black eyes. My light blonde eyebrow was raised, and my hand was on my hip.

"What do you mean you don't have my herbs? I pay for a weekly shipping. This is my last shipping, and I've already paid you. So where are my herbs?"

"Well, uh-" He started to sweat, "-your -uh, shipment is a bit late. It should be here tomorrow."

"Am I here tomorrow?"

"Excuse me?"

"Am I here tomorrow? No. I'm here today, on time, for my herbs. I want my box on my doorstep in three hours, or you'll have to deal with an angry Mal."

I stepped up close to him, my eyes flashing. "And you don't want an angry Mal."

With a glare, I turned around and exited the dirty store. They could really use a mop.
✴♦✴♦✴

As I walked home, I used my powers to change the color of my hair and eyes. My once blonde hair was now red, and my once black eyes were now green. I made sure to secure my shades over my eyes again. No one knows what I really look like. I can't trust anyone here.

When I reached my dull house, I walked to the back, where I kept my garden. I sat down in the middle of the garden. I could feel a pounding in the back of my head.

She was urging me to see her.

When I opened my eyes, I could see a large clearing. Soft grass tickled me, and beautiful flowers of all colors greeted me with a sway of their stems. Tall trees hung down slightly, almost as if they wanted to hug me. As I stood, I felt a great presence enter the clearing. Everything that was once bright and lively, seemed to dull as the Moon Goddess came into view. She had the effect of taking your breath away while making your heart flutter, just with one smile.

"My child, it has been far too long."

"We met here, just last night Goddess."

"Like I said, far too long."

We laughed and bonded for what seemed like hours, though it could have been days in earthen times. We laughed until she stopped, resting a smooth, glowing hand on my arm.

"My child, we haven't much time. You must go. You need to travel, go to the West Howls pack. There, in West Brook, is a boy. Mason. Protect my son. There is darkness, child, clouding over him. Find this darkness, defeat this darkness, destroy this darkness. The longer you take, the more danger that befalls my child. Go quickly, tonight. The Moon will guide you on your journey. Remember, keep your Friends close, and your Enemies closer."

She shoved me, and I seemed to fall backwards.

Suddenly, I was back in my garden. With a sigh, I got up to go pack what little I wanted to carry. The rest, I'd use magic to bring.

"Love you too, Moon Goddess."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Mal's full name, Malefius, and most of the foreign names in the book, all have a meaning. (Mal's full first and last name, Vide, Wade, a necklace name, and other things to come in the future.)

-What are your thoughts on Mal? On the Moon Goddess? On the sweaty man? On the herbs?