Chapter 31

Co-written with @Forever_Yours_Too

Chapter 31: Harry's POV 

The room buzzed with life as I laid there limply, trying to sleep.

Finally, I just gave up, and muttered a, “Shut up," throwing the pillow I was laying on over my head to muffle out the noise a little bit.

By saying that, the room just seemed to turn louder and it made me angrier.

“Shut up!” I shout, tossing my pillow in some direction that I thought was the source of the loudness.

Finally, someone spoke. And the familiar Irish accent made me realize that it was Niall. “Harry, what are you talking about? There’s no one in here, but me. And I’m not even talking.”

I growled. “Stop lying to me. You’ve done enough damage for a day.”

The shuffling of feet edged closer to the bed I was lying on and I waved my arm blindly around, smacking somebody in the stomach hard.

I heard a slight grunt coming from his throat. “That hurt.” He muttered under his breath.

The bed went down as his weight was shifted onto the bed. “Harry, are you alright?” The concern in his voice almost made me believe that there was really no one else in here, but him. But I knew better.

“You should leave.” I murmur into my blanket. I turned around until my face was facing the bed sheet. I closed my eyes again. After a few minutes of silence, I found myself saying, “Stop pounding on my head, Niall.”

“Harry, you’re still drunk. I’m not even touching you. I thought I explained this to you five seconds ago.” Niall said patiently, but there was an edge to his voice.

“Where are the others then?” I question sleepily, waiting for his response to be heard. I pulled the blanket higher up my body.

“Zayn took Perrie home, Eleanor went home with Louis, and Liam just took off a few hours ago. I decided to stay just in case, you know, you go off again.”

“I didn’t go off,” I mumble.

He laughed a little. “You threw a beer bottle at Perrie and Liam, Harry. Don’t you remember that?”

I groaned. “Stop talking. Stop pounding. And the only thing you can do for me is to walk out that door over there.” I pointed my finger in the direction I hoped was the door.

“That’s the closet, Harry,” Niall said.

“You know what I mean.” I grunt.

He sighs and says, standing up, “I’m really worried for you, Harry. This isn’t you to go off drinking and throwing bottles and cussing. You scared Eleanor and Perrie pretty bad, and the other lads are pretty mad with you right now. You could’ve hurt the girls.” Niall explains.

“But I didn’t though, right?” I question, not remembering the day it all happened very clearly. I turned back around, and flipped onto my back to look up at Niall. His blue eyes stared right into my green ones. I looked away.

“No, but it could’ve.” Niall responds. “You have to pull yourself together, there’s the media, and Simon, and the fans…” he trails off. “You can’t do this to us, Harry.”

“And you can’t just take Rosie away from me.” I counter, looking back up into his eyes.

He sighed a sad sigh. “We didn’t have a choice. Besides, Simon called and I didn’t even know until you told me.”