Lost Paradise Part Two: Volta Terra

It was about 6:30 pm. I sat there in my room. "Kinetta! Dinner is ready!" Aly called out to me. I did not respond. "Hey Kinetta, did you hear me? I'm coming up to your room!" she yelled out. I heard her running up to my room. She opened the door and I just sat there twirling a wrench in my right hand. I had on a rusty metal face cover on my head. "Hey Kinetta, dinner is ready! Did you her me?" I turned my head to her and shook it. "Oh, okay. Hey what's up with the get-up?" she asked curiously. "It's for a play I'm in. I'm a mechanic." I lied. "Ah okay! Well...you look funny like usual anyway!" she said while giggling. "Eheheh...yeah, thanks. I'll be down in a sec." I told her. "Mmkay, just come down when you're ready!" Aly left and closed the door behind her. I smirked and said, "Let's get to work now, Goliath!" A red beam of light shined on. The sound of steam bursts from the machine. The machine got up and responded "By your command." I pulled down my mask and progressed into my secret garage with my custom steam robot.

We got down to the garage and I opened up my worktable. I unrolled the blueprints and examined what the ship will look like. "Okay, now how much materials do we need?" I asked Goliath. "Approximately 10 ton of steel." My jaw dropped. "Uh...we don't have enough materials...plus I forgot the bronze paint. Ah well! We will go get the materials tomorrow!" Goliath then looked at me. "Yes sir." We left the garage and Goliath went back into its steam station. The bookshelf slid behind me closing my secret garage. I took my work mask off and tossed it to the side. While I went to my closet to pull out my dinner jacket, I smelled something really good. I remember that smell!

"Hey guys, don't eat all of the mashed potatoes!" I called out running out of my room. I got down stairs and I ran to the dining room while putting on my jacket. As I arrived there, I saw Myra and Garren at the dinner table with the twins and Mark. "Why hello there mother and father!" I said while bowing. "Oh psh, Kinetta you don't have to do that all the time! Is that how boys greeted their parents when they got home? Ahahahah!" Myra laughed. "Why yes, they did before. It was proper manners to show respect for higher authority." I responded in a gentle tone. "Well now, boy! Just si' down and enjoy your mashed potatoes! You deserve it since you got into Mizra Academy!" Garren told me. "Yes sir, and thank you very much." I said bowing once more, then sat down. Oh the mashed potatoes my sisters make is the best!

 Oh the mashed potatoes my sisters make is the best!

(Goliath VX-40A Custom)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner was great last night. Mashed potatoes with homemade gravy was my favorite food of all time. I could live off of that stuff! Hooray for starches! Anyway, it was the next day, August 17th, 2670 A.D. approximately 7:00 am. I was taking a private taxi to the Mizra Academy to start my first day. "So Master Kinetta, you have made it into Mizra Academy I see!" I let out a soft sigh hoping my private taxi driver named Rupert wouldn't notice. "Yes I have indeed!" I said with a joyful tone. "Ah yes, yes. Very good indeed. Mizra Academy is really hard to get into, especially with the business and politics because of the huge uproar on the new laws that have passed. How did you get into Mizra Academy anyway?" I just kept looking out the window as usual and said, "Well, my parents paid for me except I did not want to. I wanted to pay for myself but I guess it's okay now. Funny though, I thought I was supposed to take a test before I could get accepted."  The taxi driver then looked at me through the mirror with his old wrinkly eyes. "Well you are a bright young man! In plus, the Malzaheimer family has higher authority for almost everything! I bet you will meet someone who is into the same things as you!"