Chapter 19

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."

 ― Lao Tzu

I fluttered my eyes open and rolled to my side to see Adam but to my  disappointment, I only saw a vacant space.

Did he leave me after getting what he wanted?

"Maybe, no. He's not someone like that," a voice said

"But have you known him for long?" another said

I jumped off of bed and pick up my thrown clothes, besides, they're the only ones left on the floor. I quickly dress and checked the room. I went inside the bathroom and I found none. Then, in the walk in closet but he's not there, too. I presume he's somewhere out here or maybe he left. My feet dragged me to the corridors of his bedroom. I checked there but no sign of him is present. Eventually, I decided to check downstairs and the smell of breakfast hit my nostrils. I made my way to the kitchen and to my relief, I saw him.

"I never thought you could cook" I spoke first.

He turned and face me and his face brightened.

"Babe. I never knew you could wake up this early" he smirked, putting some cooked pancakes on the table.

"I was looking for you. I thought you left after....." I paused

"I'm not someone like that" he walked near me and pulled me to his lap as he settled on a chair. I felt something poking on my butt cheek and when I realized what it was, I gasped.

"That's normal right? As what I've remembered, I usually saw my brother having 'flag ceremony' early in the morning and he said it's normal"

"I have my flag ceremony earlier. This one's meant for you" he cackled

"What does that mean?" I asked

"This is your effect on me and it means-" he dipped his head towards mine and kissed my lips but before I could loose myself, I pushed him away. I forgot that I was on his lap so we both whacked ourselves on the floor. Wait, not really both of us because he pulled me into his arms before I could make contact with the floor but his chest was like the floor too so the same injury maybe earned.

"What was that for?" He growled angrily. I stood up abruptly and he followed.

"I..... You were about to kiss me so I pushed you away. I still have that morning breath" I said awkwardly, avoiding his gaze. I fought the heat creeping on my face while he contemplates his answer.

He chuckled, "Hey baby girl," he held my chin and tilted it upwards, "I want you whether you have morning breaths or not. I want you for who you are. Is that clear?" He looked into my eyes and so did I. I managed to nod and he dipped his head for a kiss. It was just a peck, much to my disappointment.

"What is burning?" I said as the burning smell hit my nostrils

"Pancakes!!" He shouted and made his way to the burned pancakes.

I chuckled at his actions.

When he retrieved the black pancakes, he sadly smiled at me.

"Sorry if I burned them"

"It's okay. You've made just enough for the two of us" I said

"So, what do you want?" He asked, letting me choose over butter, maple syrup, chocolate syrup and strawberry syrup.