Sad Song | Sugawara (Angst)

Watching the droplets land, you leaned your head against the cold car window. The gray clouds loomed high above, growing thicker with each passing second. Despite having the headlights turned up to the brightest, the road ahead was fogged up and difficult to see.

"Hey," your boyfriend said, sensing your worry. He took one hand off the steering wheel and placed it on top your of knee. "We'll get home in no time."

You stared ahead of you. "Can't we stop over for now? I don't want us to get stranded out here."

"I know this place really well, so don't you worry," he said with a smile. He looked at you and cupped your cheek. "I promise we'll get there in no time."

Suddenly, a blinding light flashed before you and the world went dark.

You and I,
We're like fireworks and symphonies exploding in the sky.
With you, I'm alive
Like all the missing pieces of my heart, they finally collide.

You were suddenly back here from two years ago. You were sitting cross-legged on the rooftop, listening to your favorite song. Of course, you hadn't been able to relate to it, but it was the only song that you would select on your iPod.

You were still a first year here in Karasuno. As a new student, you hadn't been able to find much friends, yet there was always this gray-haired third-year that found interest in you. You remember this day perfectly as if it were just yesterday. You couldn't control my actions as you possessed the body of a younger version of you, but it went exactly as you remembered through your past's eyes.

It was the first time you actually spoke to each other.

"[Y/N]!"

"Suga-senpai? How did you know I was here?" You asked as you looked up at him and smiled.

He stood right in front of you. A big smile was plastered on his face. It was the smile you grew to love and cherish. Your chest started to hurt at that moment. You were sure that the sharp pains hadn't actually happened at the time. It hurt from the pain of longing after a separation from the present you. You didn't even know how a moment like this could lead to an ending such as yours.

But then after all, two years ago, what you felt was love and not the pain in your chest.

So stop time right here in the moonlight,
Cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes.

Opening your eyes, you found Sugawara smiling at you with some ice cream on his cheek.

It was your first date.

"S-Suga-senpai, you have something here," you said and reached forward. You used your thumb to wipe it away. Suddenly, you felt the pain in your chest as your face paled. His cheeks and ears turned red as his smile began to fall.

"What? Are you okay?" He worriedly asked as he took a step closer to you.

"Huh? What do you mean?" You tilted your head in fake confusion. Again, the pain in your chest didn't stop. It kept hitting you like tidal waves, knocking you over several times. You missed him too much that it was almost unbearable. Your heart pounded stronger than it has ever been.

"You look really nervous. Am I doing something wrong? Should I get you another ice cream or something? I'm really sorry since this is my first time having a da-"

You cut him off by gently placing your lips on top of his. You didn't even think twice. It just felt right. He kissed back after some time, putting his arms around your waist as you tiptoed and wrapped your arms around his neck. Your lips melted into each other. There was no haste or greed in it, just pure love. Then, you pulled away, smiling at him. Surely, he can already hear your heart pounding, but that didn't matter at all. It was as if your hearts were beating together in perfect synchronicity for each other.