Handcuffed to Zander

Start from the beginning

"Please don't remind me."

I took my eyes off the window to eye his right hand that was steering the wheel. He probably had it more tough than I did, I didn't really use my left hand.

"Your dad hasn't said anything?"

He turned his head to catch me staring, a sly smile spreading on his smooth face. Clearing my throat with a blush, I look out towards the window once again.

"About the handcuff, I mean."

"He still thinks it's that social experiment crap or whatever."

Smiling at the fond memory of coming up with that lie, I humphed in acknowledgment, finding nothing else to say.

"What about your parents?"

I grew tensed, a frown forming on my face. I haven't spoken to either of them since the night of the party, they didn't even take some time to reply to one of the hundred messages I left in their email.

"Haven't gotten back yet."

My reply was short and low, a tense silence following after that.

Soon after, Zander parked the car, shops lined up outside on the busy street.

Saying nothing, he got out of the car.

I slowly followed in pursuit, looking around at all the different choices of shops.

"What are we doing here?"

Looking back at me over the hood of the car he smiled wide, almost catching me off guard.

Almost.

"Just a quick stop, don't worry we'll be back on the road."

Raising my eyebrow high, I glared.

"You mean to tell me that this isn't even the place?"

Rolling his eyes, he ignored me, walking away towards one of the many shops.

Did I mention there were a lot of shops?

It took me a minute but I reluctantly followed him once again, walking in step with him.

The city's street was packed with people shopping and walking by. I almost had to stop to squeal over an owner walking the cutest dog ever.

But of course Zander had scoffed, grabbing my hand to pull me away.

After a few more steps, he walked forward, opening a door.

Looking up at the name, I couldn't help but smile, my curiosity rising.

"YoYo's Froyo?"

Still holding the door open, he nodded in excitement, gesturing for me to go inside.

The smell of sweets was the first thing that caught my attention when I entered, my sweet tooth heart swelling.

Examining the shop, I instantly fell in love, it was so cute.

They greeted us with samples as I took a few little cups.