Confession

When text is like this, it's Scarab

I just love that gif..
_______________________________

Bart POV

"I-I don't know, Wally. What if he says no and stops hanging out with me?" I ask. Wally puts his hand on my shoulder. "Hey, just tell him you like him, and if he does deny you, it's his fault, not yours," he says. I smile. "Thanks, Wally," I say as I leave the room.

Jaime POV

The Impulse is close, and has elevated heart rate.

'Really?'

Yes; I suggest caution.

'Why?'

Before Scarab could tell me, I turned the corner and bumped into Bart. He fell to the ground. "Bart! Are you okay?" I asked, helping him up. "Y-yeah," he stuttered, avoiding eye contact.

Your heart rate has elevated, Jaime Reyes. The Impulse is too dangerous. We must destroy him.

"No!" I yelled. Bart looked at me funny. 'Great, now my crush thinks I'm crazy.' "I mean, no, I don't think you're okay. You seem nervous. Can you tell me why?"

He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Well.. I really like you and it's okay if you don't feel the same way, just please still be my friend if you don't like me that way," he said really quickly. Thanks to Scarab, I was able to pick up what he was saying.

"Bart.." I said. "Yeah?" He asked. " I like you too. I just never got the chance to tell you," I said. "OMG, really?!" Bart squealed, jumping up and down. "Why would I lie to my best friend?" I asked. He squealed again and squeezed me in a tight hug. "But you're the girl in this relationship," I told him as he pulled away from the hug. He blushed lightly. "A-am not!" He protested. I smiled. 'He's so cute when he's flustered..'

Elsewhere..

In the camera room, Beast Boy and Red Robin were watching the camera feed. "Aha, I knew it!" Beast Boy said triumphantly. "Pay up, bird boy." He held out his hand and Red Robin sighed and deposited 10 dollars.

Just then, Jaime walked by. "Hey, guys, como esta?" He asked. "Uh, good! We weren't doing anything!!" BB said, obviously lying. "Well, okay then.." Jaime said, walking out. He stopped. "You guys bet on me and Bart, didn't you?" "How-" "Scarab always finds out," he replied, walking out.