What You Mean to Me

Magsimula sa umpisa

My mind begins working frantically again, before an idea pops into my mind. It's a clue or a code of some sort! Something Wendy wants me to solve. I first pull out my backlight and search for invisible ink. After finding nothing I begin to try to decipher her note, then work my way to every signature searching for something more personal from Wendy. However, by the time we reach Piedmont three hours later, I've given up. She really didn't have anything else to say...

Wendy's POV

I waved the twins goodbye, and watched them drive into the sunrise. The summer sure was a crazy one, filled with countless memories of those two amazing people. Unfortunately, I was snapped back into reality when Stan told me it was time to get back to work in the Shack. When we returned, I sat down at my post behind the register and relived the memories of the summer. Everything from the dance at the shack, the ghosts in the convenience store, to the job at the pool with Dipper and the crazy mishaps in the bunker... The bunker. The day after Dipper and I had enjoyed a crappy movie together. The day after Dipper had seemed so distracted and nervous about something that he needed to tell me. The day after he chickened out of confessing something important and instead invited me to what would become the most terrifying and crazy day of my life. All because he couldn't give me that letter.

I still don't know what it says, but I assume it was something having to do with what he had confessed in the bunker when he thought the shape shifter was me. But it would've been nice to actually receive the letter, and let this curious feeling be tamed. I'm awoken from my thoughts when Stan begins to yell.

"Wendy! Stop sitting there and do something! There's obviously no one here. Go make yourself useful and finish cleaning the twins' room in the attic." I roll my eyes and begin to climb the stairs.

After cleaning their room for a few minutes, it becomes clear that they didn't leave much behind (aside from a few drawings on the wall of unicorns and questions marks). Luckily, this means there's less to clean. After sweeping the floors and tidying up Mabel's drawings, I begin to walk towards the door. However, right before I walk out of the room, something in the trash by Dipper's bed catches my attention. Inside, crumpled up, is the note that Dipper never gave me. I look around the room and then quickly pick it up, flatten it out, and being to read it.

There was nothing surprising about the contents of the letter, but seeing his writing about me makes me think. I sit on the end of the bed, rereading the letter over and over while thinking. He sacrificed his reputation to save me and my friends even after I had called him a little kid and captain buzzkill, just to ensure my safety. He asked me to join him at the fair and I abandoned him for Robbie. I knew he wanted to dance with me, but I tried to avoid it. I knew he wanted to hang out with me alone, but I invited him to a Halloween party that Robbie had already planned to make out with me at. I knew he was just trying to protect me by exposing the truth about Robbie, but I still yelled at him. And yet, he still cared enough to write this letter and attempt to ask me out, then say he's in love with me? And then I made up a lame excuse by saying that our age was something we couldn't overlook. I don't deserve him... and he feels that he doesn't deserve me. And the worst part is that he's gone for the year, and I never told him how I felt. Even if I don't know exactly how I feel, I never even told him how much he meant to me except for a single sentence and a fist pump. What a lousy way to wrap up a beautiful friendship for almost a whole year. Maybe for a few hours that would've been okay, but 10 months? No way...

An idea suddenly pops into my head, and I grab my keys and take off through the front door of the Shack without even saying goodbye to Stan.

Dipper's POV

When we arrived in Piedmont the sun was just beginning to set. I walked inside my house and went straight to my room, not even saying hello to my parents. Mabel seemed concerned, but had too much to tell mom and dad to follow me.