Chapter 1

"Hi my name is Lea. This is my first web cam diary. I'm here to tell you about my life here. I live in a world called unknown with 30 other people in this world. Let me tell you about this worlds history. When your born, you get assigned a number and all your information is stored away in tablets , that only the master knows about. Hidden  from you. All info about other places are non existent.  I know pretty harsh right.
I am actually not supposed to know this information. Another thing that happens when your born you get assigned to a family. So that means no one knows there real birth mother . The rule is only 2 children, 2 parents in one family. A family unit has a name called unit or home unit. Although there are some people in the community that are less
Fortunate to have a family and I am one of those people. You would get assigned to a group home. With roommates and a group name. We made nick names for each of us but your formally called by your number. Like my group name is sliver and in my group there is rain, Nita , winter and Abby. The group leader is Abby but her number is 10.
I almost forgot to tell you about the rules. The first rule is that on your tablet you can't search anything unfamiliar that no one knows. That's against the rules and you'd sure a lot of penalties for that. Another rule is that training and school was also mandatory. Just so you know training is for the games. The games were you have do survival. Basically trying to use magic and spells to get food from your opponents,but there were different kinds of games. There were the survival , the brain games , the memory game, the fun game and more. But the mandatory game was the brain games to test your knowledge on things that you learned.
Oh and if you were late to class or to games, dinner, lunch and breakfast you would receive a penalty. If you got a lot of penalties, well then there would be a punishment and put your score down.
Anyway-"
"Hey, what are you doing number 12!" Says Abby as she bursts in.
"It's nothing. Nothing that you need to know."
"I need to know everything I am the group leader. " says Abby
I shut my tablet off and stare at her annoyed face.

Then everyone starts coming in and hurry to the dining area for dinner.
"Hurry up 12 you don't want us to get a group penalty." Says Abby as she hurries off with the others.
She's right I surely don't want a group penalty.
I hurry off to the dining room.
***
I went to the shelf and grab a seaweed salad as the bell rings.
Then I found a seat next to my best friend serenity .
"So serenity how is it?"
"What do you mean?" She answers
"Penalties."
"I can't tell you that you have to find out yourself." She says rather harshly
"Number 12 come up to masters office immediately!!"says the loudspeakers
What did I do now. I wasn't even late.
I quickly walk to the masters office.
"Number 12!" Says the master
"Yes headmaster."
"You were late."
"No I can explain and I was not late. It was a minute before the bell."
"The tablets are never wrong. You will receive a penalty now go to your dormitory." He says angrier
Whatever one penalty can't hurt.
I walk back to the dorm and lay on the hardness of the bed.
I turn on my tablet and saw information pop up.
EARTH
A place that has landscapes and ton of water. Earth. A place that contains animals
And plants. Earth is a globe. A world. A planet that people live in. With some much horizons ,
People, layers , animals and plant life. Earth a beautiful planet and a beautiful place to
Live in.

I scroll down and it shows the definition of space. I did't have the chance to read it because people started coming in.
"Lea I heard you got a penalty." Said rain
"Yea." Everyone chimed in
"I did."
They gasped.
Abby just chips her nails . "It's not a surprise she's just not smart." Says Abby
"Oh yea well what did you get on the math test Abby?"asks rain
" A 97 what about you number 12." Says Abby
"A 100."
Abby growls " I still am gonna beat you in the games next week." Says Abby
"Will see."
Everyone gets Into their beds and I do the same.
"Night Abby."
"Ugh good night 12." She answers
***
I did't want another penalty so I had to get up. The others were still asleep.
I quickly got to the dining area and grabbed a food plate. That contains baby carrots and mine potatoes and bread.
I grabbed a cup filled with water.
I then I walked over to the table me and serenity sit.
Then I sat there with no one there.
After 5 minutes soundly everyone started coming in with the noisemakers Cramming in.
Abby walks in with her big mouth again.
"Your early today. Good."
I just give her a stink face and she responds with a glare. I walked back to the dormitories
And stared at my tablet. I wanted to go to that place. That place called earth. I wish there were some way.
I starred at the blocked window. Like there's no escape.
"You want to find a way out aye." Said a voice
"Who's there?"
"Oh just call me giver because I help people. Anyway mate I'll help you go to earth speaking of which your so small compared. Anyway follow me and if your wondering I'm on the window." Says the voice
I look and see the tiny boy on the window. Pointing and motioning me there.
Maybe I was just dreaming. I snapped my fingers in front of my face. I even pinched my self 4 times. Still nothing
I ignored that voice and continued to eat my carrots as serenity came and sat right next to me.
"Hey you look confused?" Says serenity as she started to drink her milk.
"No I'm just fine thank you." I say as I get up and pick up my tray.
I throw it into the waste bin.
I look at the clock with its very odd shape. I still had still 8 minutes left until breakfast was over.
I decided to go to the media center.
The Liberian miss Oak looked at me with a stern but nice look. A warning to not go into the earth book section again.
She always told us that the earth section was forbidden and that it was not supposed to be there.
I walked past the desk and into the whole big wide open section of books. I glided my hands through the spines of each book. I looked in the non-fiction section. Fossils , science , math math math , English help this book for you. All these books sounded boring and not very interesting. I just carried on. Until I saw this one book. As thick as wooden sword. As big as well... big something. As long as a chair. I had a cover of a girl with black hair surrounded by the ocean.
The category was Earth but the title was The things that you need to know about .....
I knew that miss Oak was staring me down to keep me from the earth section. But I know I did not need to worry because it was here in the non-fiction section. Something I would finally be allowed to read. I was a little nervous about being able to check it out because miss Oak was one hard to please.
I walked over to that same desk that she was on. "Miss Oak I would like to check out this book please. Number 12. Group sliver. Group home . "
"Where's your ID? And your card?Your tablet?" said miss Oak as she typed this down on to her pad.
"Unknown " I said as I handed her the book and card flat on her desk.
She eyed the book.
"Very interesting 12." Said miss Oak as she scanned my book. She downloaded the book into my tablet.
I was so happy. I felt this emotions that I almost rarely felt.
"Good day." I say cheerfully
She nods her head

I looked at the clock. I had approximately 70 seconds to get to the first lesson.
I run quickly down the rubber halls. Room 1a 2a 3a 4a.
I quickly walked to my seat.
Miss burns wrote down the class attendance and shut the door.
Miss burns always close the door 30 seconds before the late bell. She's always on time.
I hurried my supplies out of my knapsack. my agenda , writing tablet and writing tablet pen.
"Ok today we are going to talk about you! You are going to be using your writing tablets. Write down what's on the tablet board. On the new assignment file. Date UNKNOWN." Says ms Burns as she writes on the big tablet board.

Date:unknown
File: new assignment
Home unit: group home
Home unit name: group sliver
Unit 1 mom: *
Unit 2 dad: *
Number: 12
Unit 1 mom number :*
Unit 2 dad number : *
ID: UNKNOWN
Score: 100
Penalties: 1
Games played:8
Prized nourishment: broth soup
Prized item: UNKNOWN
Gender : F
Group leader (if ) : ABBY
Group leader number (if) : 10
Number of opponents : 5

I quickly checked my assignment in front of me and completed all boxes.
Miss burns collected all the tablets and downloaded the assignment task into her tablet board.

Miss burns gave the signal and everyone headed out the door.
But she stoped me and only me, did I do something wrong I was frightened.

"Don't be afraid " she said

"Did I disobey you miss burns."
"No not in anyway just wanted to ask you about your entry."
"Yes."
"Well it states unknown ID and unknown prized item. Everyone opponent has one. The headmaster had assigned that, care to explain."

"It's true you can ask headmaster "

"Interesting" she said with a tone and a signal to leave

——--------------------:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::-----------------------------------------::::::::::::::::::::::::::----------------

It was finally brunch time.
I quickly ran down the hall.
"Watch it 12 your going to fall." Says Abby with a her foot sticked out as she giggled off with her friends.
I tripped off her brown flats.
I fell swiftly to the rubber floor. I felt a sharp pain in my pants that I never ever experienced before. It felt like something was coming out. At least my knapsack did not come off. But none the less I had to get to the eating room before the bell or that would be a 2nd penalties for me.

I walked in a fast speed trying to move but to only get wobbly legs.
I finally walked in the doors of the eating room and to the station. I grabbed a water filled cup and a tray. That was eventually filled with apples, fruits and the same baby carrots with potatoes by miss Betty.

I tried to walk slowly before the strength of my legs would die down.
I walked to the table. Surely but surely serenity wasn't there, so I had to sit there all alone. Because serenity was my only true prized opponent.
I ate silently and sipped my water, while everyone talked and chattered with friends.

The bell rung loud and clear.
I picked up my knapsack and carried on. Good thing it was the free lesson. I would usually go to the game opponent room but my leg was really hurting.
I walked at a medium speed while others jolted along feeling happy.
I eventually got to my group unit and got in.
I went on my bunk and sat up. I tied my knapsack on the hook on the rubber wall. I rolled up my pants. I saw a big bruise. It  was really red and bloody. I was scared. I did't know what to do.
That is until Abby and the group came in. They always arrive at the same time.
"Oh my Lea what happened?" Said winter with a solemnly look
"Well Abby tripped me and I fell on the ground."
Everyone gasped
Abby stood there with a sad , guilty and worried look then she started "I'm so sorry I did't mean for you to get hurt or harmed."

I knew she was sorry when she hugged and me and the look in her eyes.
She handed me a tissue and covered it over my bruise.

"You should rest and stay her for a while I'll tell headmaster for you right now." Says winter
"We all will " says Abby
Nita agrees

I pull my wrap over me and drift to a long sleep.