Chapter 18

Jenna's POV

Jacob is ready about half an hour before I get done. Hey, it's an exciting night and I'm going to be seeing people I haven't seen in a while. I need to put effort into looking good (entire outfit in media.)

"Finally!" Jacob says as I walk down the stairs. I chuckle at how impatient he can get. When he stands up from the couch, he stops walking and simply stares at me.

"What's wrong?" I ask, looking down at myself to see if I look strange somehow.

"No, n-nothing at all. You just look so beautiful," he says. I chuckle and feel my cheeks start to heat up. He comes over and gently rests a hand on my jawline, looking into my eyes softly.

"I'm so glad your mine," he whispers softly. I feel shivers trail down my spine just from simply hearing his voice.

"Uh- we s-should um- we s-should go now," I say, stuttering my words. I mentally face palm myself.

"Let's go," he says putting his arm on my back, sending more shivers up my spine. Man, the affect he has on me.

Jacob's POV

I love this affect I have on her. When we start to head out the door, I remember I have to grab my keys. I quickly go in and search the kitchen for them. A smile rushes to my face. I forgot, I know exactly when I'm proposing to her. It makes me happy to think that we will be husband and wife and even have kids, we could even have a pet too. That is, if she says yes.

Jenna and I head outside and into the car. I start the car and intertwine one of our hands together. We start to talk about the reunion and how we think everything is going to turn out.

"It's going to be so cool to see everyone there again," Sabrina comments as she gets out of the car.

"True that," I agree.

When we walk in, I immediately recognize a bunch of people. Mark, Carson, Miranda, a brunette girl that I don't remember the name of but I know I dated her for a bit, Hunter, Brandon, Aaron, Aria's sister (she's not mean, even she dislikes Aria), Kasey, Taylor, and lots more people. (AUTHORS NOTE 3 YEARS LATER:"A brunette girl I don't know the name of but I dated for a bit," LMAO my eleven year old self could not a worded that more worse)

"Hey guys!" I greet the guys that are standing in a group as I approach them.

"Yo Jacob," Hunter says back.

"So are you and Jenna still together?" He asks. I smile.

"Yeah, we're still going strong," I answer.

"That's cool that you've made it that long bro," he tells me. I nod my head in agreement. All of the guys and I continue to catch up about what's been happening recently.

Jenna's POV

"Hey guys!" I say to the girls as I approach them.

"Oh, hey! I haven't seen you in forever!" Taylor says.

"Yeah, it's been a long time," I reply. (Btw, if you have no idea who Taylor is, she is the girl that comforted Jenna in the hallway and the girl that Jenna bailed out of prison.)

We all talk for a bit, catching up about what's been happening lately. I tell them that I need to use the washroom. After I'm done, I go out to wash my hands. As I'm finished drying them, someone suddenly appears next to me and I get ready to go into complete defence mode. That is until I see it's Hunter.

"You scared the ever-living crap out of me," I gasp, putting a hand on my chest. He laughs.

"So you and Jacob are still together," he says completely out of the blue.

"Yeah," I say unsurely.

"Well I- I-" he stops in his sentence.

"You know what! Screw you Phil! I don't care! She doesn't deserve it!" He shouts. I give him a questioning look.

"What?"

"I'm sorry," he simply says, walking out quickly. I try to recap what just happened. What did he mean by she doesn't deserve it? What was he going to do? Who is Phil? I'm so confuzzled.

I walk out and try to dissolve the thoughts in my brain. I find that Jacob is sitting at a table alone and I sit next to him.

"You having a good time?" I ask.

"Definitely," he replies. Just at that moment, A Thousand Years comes on.

"Do you want to dance?" I ask. He stands up.

"Of course" he says, taking my hand in his and walking with me towards the centre of the dance floor. I put my hands on his shoulders and he puts his hands on my waist. My gaze meets his and we stay like that for nearly the entire song.

"I want to stay like this forever," Jacob says out of nowhere. I slightly smile.

"Me too."

"I love you so much Jenna, I really do."

"I do too. I want to be with you forever," I tell him. I wrap my arms closer around him and lean my head on his shoulder. He hugs my waist tighter. My god, how did I get so lucky to find Jacob?

We stay in this position for the next two songs, which are Hello and Use Somebody. I think the DJ played it just for us, which I'm thankful for.

As Jacob and I are swaying back and forth, I hear a voice say something. I look up and see Hunter standing there with a slight smile on his face.

"Can I cut in?"

I look up and Hunter is standing there. Jacob opens his arms, gesturing for him to come in. I put my arms around his shoulders and he puts his around my waist.

"So what was that in the bathroom?" I ask. He shrugs.

"Just don't worry about it," he says. I don't ask any further questions.

"So what have you been doing these last couple years?" I ask, trying to start a conversation.

"I've just been wandering around," he simply says. I look at him unsurely.

"Nah, I'm kidding. I'm engaged to this girl named Layla and she's 3 months pregnant," he says. My eyes widen at the sudden reveal.

"Really?" I ask. He nods.

"Woah." He simply laughs.

"Do you know if the baby is a girl or boy yet?" I ask.

"The doctor said we'll find out in the next week or so," he tells me.

"That's amazing. I'm so happy for you," I say.

"Thanks, Jenna," he says genuinely.

"No problem."

After dancing for a while, I go back to Jacob. After about 2 more hours of catching up with our friends and getting some of their numbers so we can keep in touch, we finally go home.

When we get home, I take my makeup off and go into the shower. I go into some shorts and a sports bra, put my hair in a (extremely messy) bun and grab my phone. I take my charger and plug it in beside my bed. I lay in bed and turn onto my stomach. I hear the doorknob turn, so I pretend I'm sleeping for absolutely not reason.
The door is closed after being opened and I hear footsteps coming towards the bed where I am laying.

"Goodnight, princess," Jacob says as he lays down next to me. He gently kisses my forehead and wraps his arms around my waist, digging his head into my neck and sighing.

"I love you," he whispers.

"I love you too," I whisper. I feel a smile crease upon his face as I say this. I feel my eyes start to become heavy and soon drift off to sleep.