Chapter 10

I remember every single little detail. How could I ever forget?

*Flashback*

"Babe, don't but pink in my hair," I groaned as Jacob rubbed a pink highlighter in my hair.

"I thought you liked pink," he said.

"I do, but I like turquoise more," I told him.

"Well I personally have never seen a turquoise highlighter before, so your out of luck," he said. I chuckled and rolled over onto my side and sighed. He went onto his phone, scrolling through some sort of app of his.

"Could I borrow one of your sweatshirts? Its kind of chilly in here," I said to him. Without even second guessing anything, he took off the sweatshirt he was wearing and handed it me.

"You know you don't have to ask," he told me. I shrugged. I stood up and walked around the room. My eyes gazed towards the window and I noticed that it was cloudy outside, the clouds practically begging to let out the rain.

"Looks like it's gonna rain," I commented out loud. I heard Jacob groan.

"In July? We better have a hot fall," he said. I smiled to myself and looked back at him. I looked back outside and decided now would be a good time to go out and try to distract myself for the thoughts I'd been dealing with the past week.

"I think I'm gonna go out for a bit," I told Jacob. I heard a small whine come from his mouth.

"I'll be back soon," I assured him.

"Fine," he groaned. I kissed his cheek once before I walked down the stairs and out the front door. Since the mall was walking distance, I walked there on my own. Normally I'd be at the mall for a few hours, but today I felt the need to only go for one. There seemed to be too much on mind to enjoy shopping.

On my way walking back, I saw Carson through his window while I walked along his street. Tears immediately sprung to my eyes at the awful thought of what I had been doing. I knew I had to tell Jacob the truth. The truth that's I'd been cheating on him for the past week. It was going to be hard, but he deserved the truth.

I don't know why I did, I just felt like he was lonely and it just kind of happened. I felt like Carson needed someone and since he'd been there for me, it was time I returned the favour.

Every step I took, I felt myself shattering into pieces. I felt tears slowly collide down my face one by one, feeling the stinging feeling each one left behind as they escapes my eyes. Felt my heart growing colder and began to try to isolate my thoughts.

I quietly walked up the stairs and just as I was about to enter the room, I heard giggling. Confusion took over me, and I opened the door. Sadness overpowered my confusion as I saw Jacobs lips attached to someone who I guessed was Miranda. I guess Jacob was done with our relationship too.

I raced out the door in just a matter of 6 seconds, though taking one moment to glance at the clock. I don't think anyone could have run out of the room, down the 17 steps, through the living room and out the kitchen door in 6 seconds but me. I wanted to get out of there faster than I could. I felt my heart crumbling into pieces and hot tears running down my face faster and faster by the second.